Author Topic: Strange But True...Picts Post #6  (Read 181 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Strange But True...Picts Post #6
« on: March 21, 2024, 01:42:45 PM »
Hi Folks In The Know,

I've been digging through my remaining SKS rifles and ran across one I didn't remember. In all honesty, when I was actively buying rifles years ago, I never paid close attention to the details, mainly the PRICE and general over all condition. I was pretty green and just buying them as fast as I found them. This gun that reappeared is a little curious. Is an "A" 4 digit /26\ without Chinese T56 characters. A4121 is the only marking on the receiver other than /26\, and I can't locate an import stamp, even with the action removed or under the bayo. I don't think it's a vet, it's just too nice. It's matching numbers (no # on bolt), crown is blued crisp, lands & grooves deep, the bolt face and hammer look new, no wear at all. The stock is correct for a blade bayo, which has the staking marks aligned, but the stock looks too nice for the age, has horizontal numbers (4121), is relieved for a T86 sized base, looks to have been done later as there's a small chunk of unfinished wood where the front of the base would go. I'll get picts when I get a chance. PAX
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:39:05 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Strange But True
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 01:48:35 PM »
Whenever ya see no import marks, she's either a bringback or a Canadian border hopper.

Can't say I've ever forgotten about a gun in my collection. Sounds like a fun problem to have though. Lol

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 03:17:03 PM »
Laugh,

PAX you know you have a problem when a gun you didn't know you had surprises you!  locomotive1

Sounds like a scrubbed and fully refurbished Chinese letter gun.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 04:26:27 PM »
Laugh,

PAX you know you have a problem when a gun you didn't know you had surprises you!  locomotive1

Sounds like a scrubbed and fully refurbished Chinese letter gun.

No indication of being scrubbed, has "A4121" everywhere there's numbers except the stock, only 4121. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 05:04:36 PM »
Long lug or short lug barrel collar? Or pressed and pinned?

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 05:33:13 PM »
Long lug with the Chinese marked sling dated 1970. Should have picts soon. PAX
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:03:29 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: Strange But True...Picts Post #6
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 06:34:33 PM »
Crappy camera, sorry dudes, PAX
  You need a crew  

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Strange But True...Picts Post #6
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 12:03:43 AM »
Nice refurbished 1959-60 letter gun before. The bolt without a serial number is definitely a sign of refurbishment as well as the condition of the stock. Nice pickup!  thumb1