Author Topic: transformer guns just keep getting better  (Read 2299 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
transformer guns just keep getting better
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:39:05 PM »
https://uintahprecision.com/product/upr10/

you can now swap your upper out with a precision bolt upper with bull barrel , LR platform or AR platform
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: transformer guns just keep getting better
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 10:55:51 PM »
Holy crap!

1300 bucks (plus) is a deal killer for me.

Outstanding idea though.

Gotta love  the (gender fluid) Potato Head of guns.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 06:34:56 AM »
oh yea the price is way out of wack , thats almost what i paid for my complete LR-308 , but the cork has been popped 

first , this is really the first ive seen of this other than the varminter for the AR15 which is still semi auto ,so others have to be tooling up to produce their versions , how could you not , its a whole new facet to the AR platform that will draw in allot of interest across the board

secondly , if by some twisted ,demented miracle the liberals manage to outlaw AR15's because they are high capacity SA rifles , this would render every AR lower owned legal in the letter of the law

There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:54:55 AM »
oh yea the price is way out of wack , thats almost what i paid for my complete LR-308 , but the cork has been popped 

first , this is really the first ive seen of this other than the varminter for the AR15 which is still semi auto ,so others have to be tooling up to produce their versions , how could you not , its a whole new facet to the AR platform that will draw in allot of interest across the board

secondly , if by some twisted ,demented miracle the liberals manage to outlaw AR15's because they are high capacity SA rifles , this would render every AR lower owned legal in the letter of the law
Don't you mean "ILLEGAL in the letter of the law"?
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 10:06:39 AM »

I think he means if you throw a bolt action upper on the lower then it will still be legal because it is not a semi-auto
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 10:15:27 AM »
i am saying , as we sit , AR platforms are under attack as a whole , their reasoning is they are a SA rifle with high capacity magazine "ability"

for sake of argument lets say the liberals manage to ram their legislation through congress and ban AR platform weapons , the fact that it can be a Bolt action rifle would throw a wrinkle in their plans  by contesting the law as the lower can be a bolt gun , so in a worst case they could not legally confiscate the lowers without banning bolt guns as a whole which would be a bridge too far
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:21:34 AM by hoopharted »

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 10:19:59 AM »

NO , they would have to render ALL BOLT GUNS illegal to ban AR lowers now , because it has the ability to be a bolt gun , in a worst case scenario if they were to win in the overthrow of the second amendment they could only ban uppers , we would still retain the lowers , a small victory sure but this throws a new wrinkle into the game

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 10:23:58 AM »
i would go as far as to say that the simple fact that these bolt uppers are available as we speak that their mere availability stifles the attack on the lowers

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 12:05:52 PM »
i would go as far as to say that the simple fact that these bolt uppers are available as we speak that their mere availability stifles the attack on the lowers

Doesn't work like that.  They take the least common denominator and use that as the basis for the ban.  You have an AR lower that *can* be used for a bolt gun, but *can* it be used for a semi-auto?  If yes, then it's covered under whatever legislation they are proposing.  I can guarantee you they learned quite a bit from the AWB and all the inventive ways people found to get around it (bullet buttons, non detachable mags, 'pre-ban', etc.)  They won't make those same mistakes this second time around, the easy loopholes are surely going to be closed.  They will certainly try to not grandfather anything in if they can get away with it as well.  If they get rid of the filibuster, they may very well just make it cover all semi-auto's and ram it through (Ruger no longer has the $ & clout they once did to exempt Mini 14s and the like.) 

Forget about evil features, forget about magazine capacity; the bill would cover all semi-autos whether handguns, rifles, or heck even shotguns.  How better to accomplish their goals?  And if people object, they pull out the capitol riot card and go on MSNBC screeching about how this common sense law is necessary to keep *that* kind of white supremacist insurrection from happening ever again!  I can certainly see it happening.  I hope I'm 100% wrong but there is certainly a plausible path forward for this one.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »

Doesn't work like that.  They take the least common denominator and use that as the basis for the ban.  You have an AR lower that *can* be used for a bolt gun, but *can* it be used for a semi-auto?  If yes, then it's covered under whatever legislation they are proposing.  I can guarantee you they learned quite a bit from the AWB and all the inventive ways people found to get around it (bullet buttons, non detachable mags, 'pre-ban', etc.)  They won't make those same mistakes this second time around, the easy loopholes are surely going to be closed.  They will certainly try to not grandfather anything in if they can get away with it as well.  If they get rid of the filibuster, they may very well just make it cover all semi-auto's and ram it through (Ruger no longer has the $ & clout they once did to exempt Mini 14s and the like.) 

Forget about evil features, forget about magazine capacity; the bill would cover all semi-autos whether handguns, rifles, or heck even shotguns.  How better to accomplish their goals?  And if people object, they pull out the capitol riot card and go on MSNBC screeching about how this common sense law is necessary to keep *that* kind of white supremacist insurrection from happening ever again!  I can certainly see it happening.  I hope I'm 100% wrong but there is certainly a plausible path forward for this one.

buzz kill , i bet you are always the life of the party ,lol chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 04:06:16 PM »
not paying these prices for ammo, acc. and guns. but, maybe a good time to sell off some.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »
not paying these prices for ammo, acc. and guns. but, maybe a good time to sell off some.

i think that these Bolt uppers will gain traction , the AR 15 they offer multiple calibers available , the prices will come down

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »

i think that these Bolt uppers will gain traction , the AR 15 they offer multiple calibers available , the prices will come down

That would be a nice option if I can't find the Ruger American Ranch in x39 I've been wanting. At the prices they're getting for the Rugers it wouldn't be much, if any, more
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 08:13:03 PM »
i have to work all weekend , i was planning on sighting in some of these new rigs i have , plus it snapped cold here over night , 26 degrees with steady wind , yikes

going to do a material list for my new bench sometime this week and price it out