Author Topic: Front post not adjusting  (Read 832 times)

Offline Sword of Симонова

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Front post not adjusting
« on: September 17, 2021, 07:04:09 PM »
I took my rifle out to sight it in. It will group well but the elevation with the front post is not adjusting properly. No matter how high I put the post the shots won’t change elevator. Is it me? Or a bad sight? At this point I think I am just going to put a molot rail on it. With a 4x24 scope. Also will it help to remove the bayonet? Planning to get a stock aswell.
Torn between Bubba/ Not Bubba

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Front post not adjusting
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 10:26:49 PM »
If the front post is adjusting up and down properly as you turn it in or out then it has to be you.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

• Newber
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 12:40:54 AM »
It seems to be working. Threading up and down. You thread it out inorder to raise point of impact right that is what I have found online. What would I be doing to consistently hit the same place no matter what the sights are doing up or down I have never had this problem with Iron sights so I just don’t know what i would be doing. Side to side they are fine. And adjusted properly.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 12:49:11 AM by Sword of Симонова »

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 07:39:04 AM »
If POI (point of impact) is higher than POA (aim) then you want to raise your front post by turning it out” (counterclockwise).

Are you sighting in at 25 yds?

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 08:30:30 AM »
Yes, I am at 25 yards I was going the wrong way so the article I was using was wrong. Thanks I will try again soon.

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 10:27:13 PM »
It works the opposite of the rear sight. Raising the front post lowers the POI, lowering the front post raises the POI. For windage, if it groups to the right then you drift the front sight to the right and vise versa if the groups are to the left. This will bring the groups back to center.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.