Author Topic: Went to the gun show, tried to buy a SKS, ended up with some Notzi junk instead  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
I just got back from the Asheville show, managed to find an early Mauser Luger with a spare mag and beautiful bore for a sane price. How could a young lad say no to such an enticing proposition?

The numbers are...gasp! cover your ears, German collectors, mismatching. But the gun is beautiful and you can still see the deep strawing in the small parts.

I started taking some pics outside, but with all the excitement amid buying a Luger, I needed a nap. When I woke up it was too dark for outdoor pics so I moved the session inside. You are welcome for that extra special glimpse into my day.

Flying chickens!

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
Holy cow. Do some of those pics look like they were taken in front of a funhouse mirror?
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Its crap.     I'll help you out of this hole by trading you an sks.    Let this be a lesson.

rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
You don't want it. Look at it. It's all distorted and bendy, like Gumby. Those Teutonic weirdos with their esoteric engineering. I'd be surprised if it fired without blowing to shreds.

Anyway I already made a deal with Joe for the SKS & p08. He converted to the cause after I played a rousing rendition of Horst Wessel Lied for him.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
I was horsing around with some of the camera settings in between shots. Maybe that's what made some of them look weird. I don't know. I've been trying to improve my photography skills even though all the nuances are strange and foreign to me. Let's see if this did any better.

-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Any way we can get a pic of the desk it came in?     :)

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Nice little gun you have there but it's inferior to the venerable Nagant revolver, Kamerad.  Can't imagine why anyone would want one, even that SA thug Horst Wessel (aka Ernst Röhm's boy toy)...Sorry, I think I was channeling "Uncle Joe" for a moment    chuckles1

Seriously, that's a really nice Luger  thumb1 The finish and grips look great, especially considering that it was probably carried for 9 years

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
Hey, the pics don't look all distorted and out of proportion today. I guess the sksfiles needed overnight to process the dynamic quality of my expert photography into something aesthetically and symmetrically pleasing. Or the mescaline wore off. The mysteries of life...
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Hey, the pics don't look all distorted and out of proportion today. I guess the sksfiles needed overnight to process the dynamic quality of my expert photography into something aesthetically and symmetrically pleasing. Or the mescaline wore off. The mysteries of life...

I never saw an issue with the pics when you posted them, but I did get a kick out of your concerns over them.   rofl

Its not the files.   thumb1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
That's an awesome Luger Blicero, it's in remarkably good condition.

Offline panoz77

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Does it shoot?  Mismatched smishsmashed, that looks in great condition!  I'm still waiting to find one in a $50 desk from goodwill  :o
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut

Offline ugafx4

• Newber
Awesome luger!

Good looking p38 too!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter

I never saw an issue with the pics when you posted them, but I did get a kick out of your concerns over them.   rofl

Its not the files.   thumb1

I figured it was you screwing around with the control panel, setting my photos to come out all Dali surrealistic looking.  rofl

Hell yeah this thing shoots! I ran a couple magazines through it and it shoots like a dream. I get the feeling those 32 rounds I shot were more rounds than the gun had expended in its entire life previously.

That's an awesome Luger Blicero, it's in remarkably good condition.

Thanks D. After I bought it I took it to the gun show's resident Luger guru and he gave it his blessing. Granted, I probably should've done that before I spent money on it...
But it sure looks sexified, especially to that pitted out no-finish Mauser I call the other Luger:

These little pistols are starting to grow on me. I think one of the Swiss variety might be in store. I'll have to unleash a g43 to swing it but, oh well, the allure has worn off on the 43s.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline sheepdog

• BIG MONEY GRIFF
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
  • Khrushchev was right
Imagine you wanting Not Zie stuff. I just can't believe it.

Nothing, absolutely nothing sits in your hand quite like a Luger.

By the way mine is matching cept the two mags. Nah nah nah na nana. :P
LIVE FROM THE DOGHOUSE

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
I know you don't own a Luger, 'cause the Swedes didn't make them  rofl
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
Nothing, absolutely nothing sits in your hand quite like a Luger.

You're right about that in my opinion sheepdog, the first time (only time) I ever hefted one I was amazed. Never had the pleasure of firing one though.  :(

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
The best part of shooting a p08, besides reenacting the Beer Hall Putsch or imagining yourself a Brown Shirt busting in the doors of dissidents, is how it ejects brass. The pistol targets where I shoot are right next to a covered tin roof of the rifle range. The roof is 16 feet high, or 4.3 Runningmans. The Luger dumps brass neatly on top of the roof. There's nearly 2 seconds between the bang and the brass hitting its apogee and you hear the chackachickchickchick of the brass tumbling on the roof.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
The roof is 16 feet high, or 4.3 Runningmans.

^^^^^^  rofl
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
4.3 Runningmans

Sounds like a measurement from Biblical times...sorry running-man but that's funny!!  rofl2

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
Biblical measurement conversion table:
1 Runningman = 2.7 cubits, or .31 fathoms.

Is it weird that I had tough time finding the right plural for Runningman? Should it have been Runningsman? Runningmen? Kind of like how baseball guys say "RBI" without adding the 's' to pluralize it, even if they're talking about 143 RBI. Why not RsBI, since it's the 'run' that's in multiples? Or does RBI count as its own word rather than an abbreviation, so RBIs would be correct?
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon