Commercial Weapons > Shotguns

Maverick 88 vs. Stevens 320, Thoughts?

(1/4) > >>

Greatguns:
Wanting to pick up a home defense shotgun. Something I'll probably plink around with and have for in the house. Looking for your opinions on pros and cons between the 2 mentioned products. If you have another brand in the same price range feel free to add that in.

auskip07:
i would go to the store and hold one.  the maverick 88 felt like a rattle trap.   I havent held a stevens 320

Greatguns:
I held both in the Conventional synthetic stocks and they felt about the same. They were in 20ga, but am not sure if I want 20 or 12. Want to make sure the wife can handle it if need be, but I know there is more available in defense rounds for the 12

owenj492:
Consider a Mossberg Shockwave, perfect size for home defense, I got one when they came out and I love it, shot 8, 9 pellet and slugs with no problems, since it is not a shoulder fired weapon, it's easy on the body, there is a ton of aftermarket items for it also, it's 5 + 1, I keep mine by the night stand, the only issue right now is the price because of all the panic buying. Might be able to find one for trade on armslist.

Greatguns:

--- Quote from: owenj492 on July 27, 2020, 08:24:52 PM ---Consider a Mossberg Shockwave, perfect size for home defense, I got one when they came out and I love it, shot 8, 9 pellet and slugs with no problems, since it is not a shoulder fired weapon, it's easy on the body, there is a ton of aftermarket items for it also, it's 5 + 1, I keep mine by the night stand, the only issue right now is the price because of all the panic buying. Might be able to find one for trade on armslist.

--- End quote ---

I would be concerned my wife being able to handle it. She is a pretty petite lady not at all confident with firearms.(Yet) Plus, I don't like the price of the Shockwave, LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version