Author Topic: Nazi marked Mannlicher m95 questions  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Nazi marked Mannlicher m95 questions
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:44:04 PM »
I have an opportunity to purchase locally a 1916 M95 Mannlicher first used in Austro-Hungarian military in WWI and then apparently redeployed and Nazi stamped for use by the Nazi police in WWII.  It's in 8x56R....and apparently has not had the M95/30 upgrade....he told the wife it was sighted to 1600 'man-steps'...so I dunno really what that means.  Four clips included....  $250

Does that sound reasonable?  How hard is it to find the ammo?  Run as fast as I can towards or away?

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Re: Nazi marked Mannlicher m95 questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 09:18:01 PM »
There are varying prices on GB, anywhere from 100 to 235 with bids, one that has a 200 starting and a 275 buy it now, so around 200 seems like the market.  S&G ammo has Privi Partizan for around a buck a round.  Hope this helps.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »
Thanks for the head's up on the ammo, best I could find was orignal 30s stuff in ten packs for 30 bucks, or 25 loose rounds for 44 bucks.  :o

I think we are gonna buy it....despite an inaccurate description translated from bar customer to bartender onto a guest check.
They totally misspelt Steyr, so badly I am shocked Mannlicher was correct....especially in a bar environment. 

One of the strippers is Nazi marked, one Austrian....two blank. The gun itself is S marked...so another description error.

Turns out the guy literally lives a stones throw away from me....diagonal from my house,  across the irrigation ditch. LOL

He dropped the price to $225, without us asking even, it's numbers matching....nothing forced either, at least above the stock line...  It's an early Century import with the minimal stamp under the barrel.....

The one that was on Gunbroker and sold for $290, was force matched on the bolt and stock, and had the hideous dot matrix stamp all over the side of the receiver, along with a patch job on the stock for the bottom swivel, when it was force matched, (on the opposite side) to match that gun... they switched to the side swivel....I am surprised it jumped up that much in price overnight....it was $234 yesterday.  The one I am looking at is much nicer IMO. :)

I will likely get it today, and hopefully get some pics up....although I am really learning to hate my phone camera.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:59:38 PM »
Nice to get a cool new toy.

I'm angling towards a new goody myself, but it'll take a while.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:28 PM »
this is a set up for a great joke, there was a guy in a bar, a stripper and someones wife and it cost $300  rofl

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 11:11:00 PM »
this is a set up for a great joke, there was a guy in a bar, a stripper and someones wife and it cost $300  rofl

Laugh, a very similar thought passed through my head as I was reading JH's description!  chuckles1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 11:22:40 PM »
Great buy these days. If it’s actually German marked that would be quite remarkable!

Online Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 12:34:29 AM »
1600 man-steps is about 1,333 yards I think.A hell of a ways anyhow.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.