Author Topic: Another Home Built Reloading Bench...2x4's and 1x6 lumber  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Root83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
  • If it goes" bang"...it's all good
Another Home Built Reloading Bench...2x4's and 1x6 lumber
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:16:51 AM »
I built this one in the 90's out of scrap 2x4's and 1x6 solid pine top boards. Under the presses, I have an additional 1x6 screwed to the bottom beneath the "deck" surface and a 2x4 full width brace on each side of each press under the "deck" The shelving is also 1x stuff... The outer support legs are 4x4 and it's anchored to studs in the wall. One of the Hornaday Progressive presses I've had since 87... It started out life as a Pacific Pro 7, sent back to Hornady and converted to a ProJector, The next one over is an early Hornady LNL AP with wire eject... both have been updated over the years with new parts as things get updated.. both still churn out ammo in large quantities. The RCBS Partner on the right has long ago been demoted to de prime and bullet pulling only. I use the turret press mostly for loading long straight wall cases... lots of guys in Montana have Sharps rifles built in Big Timber MT... I load  for several guys that do the Quigley shoot every year.. do a lot of 45-70. 45-110, 45-120. 50-100... etc
I'm on a first name basis with a lot of folks at Hornady... I've yet to be charged for a part... been using them 87, probably why I have never gone to Blue presses.
8yrs and 97 Days in the US Marine Corps, recalled Dec 1990 for Kuwait, orders cancelled before unit ship out date, tried to re enlist Sept 14, 2001... told I was too old...by one year. Dang It
Semper Fi

Offline Root83

• Newber
Re: Another Home Built Reloading Bench...2x4's and 1x6 lumber
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
Pic didnt work... lets try again

8yrs and 97 Days in the US Marine Corps, recalled Dec 1990 for Kuwait, orders cancelled before unit ship out date, tried to re enlist Sept 14, 2001... told I was too old...by one year. Dang It
Semper Fi

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:25:16 AM »
Cannon likey!

Very nice setup... Looks great.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
This is cool as a Popsicle!  thumb1

Offline Root83

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »
It's GREAT stress relief... when the better half gets to chewing ass for no particular reason that I can see... I can go hide in " my room" and trim cases, load shells..tinker on rifles and pistols.etc.. the best part is when I load up the tumbler with brass and turn it on... I cant hear any grumbling or cussing outside the door... if I get bored doing that... on the opposite wall is a desk with two computers / monitors,a Kenwood and a Yaseu HF Ham Radio, Kenwood and Icom VHF 2 meter Ham Radios and UHF Ham Radio. The Kenwood UHF is linked to EchoLink... ( computer/ham radio/internet) link... can talk anywhere in the world with a similar link .. used a repeater and radio tower on top of a 7000 foot high mountain, ten miles from my house. During hurricane Katrina, I used it and a phone patch to let Louisiana folks talk to family in the northwest... all their landlines and cell phones were down for weeks down there.... I dont have the mountain top setup anymore since I moved to MO.... When All Normal Comms Fail or the Grid Goes Down... There is Ham Radio !.... Callsign KF7KBN
Semper Fi

Offline Root83

• Newber
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »
The Other Side Of The Reload Room... when you live on a ranch 37 miles from the closest town. When it can get over 40 below zero in the winter and snow blows straight sideways so hard you cant see the vehicles in the driveway, let alone go anywhere...sometimes for days and days... You have to have some kinda entertainment...

Semper Fi

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
Yep, agreed! And we see that "Kitty Patrol" is on the job also!

Offline Root83

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »
Yup... Radio Cat... any time the radios are on.. he's there... dunno why other than he usually ended up snoozing on top of the power supply or the linear HF Amp... both get pretty warm.... he disappeared the next winter... figured he either made a snack for an Great Horned Owl, Eagle or Coyote. I was just glad he didnt have an affinity for screwing with stuff on the load bench. Cats and rifle brass seem to attract each other.
Semper Fi