Author Topic: BCI Spam Can?  (Read 2456 times)

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
BCI Spam Can?
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »
I've bought and sold a lot of Chinese spam cans of ammo....but not seen this one before....were these common once upon a time? It was already opened when I purchased it unfortunately.....

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
Re: BCI Spam Can?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »
Well isn't that the shag carpet of spam cans? I can't say that I have ever seen one like it. The embossed lettering is pretty cool too. That would make for a pretty neat front license plate in a state that would allow it.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:33:57 PM »
Looks like the tin is zinc plated w/o a paint finish on the outside which is pretty unusual.  Not marked like a typical Chinese tin at all either.  I wonder if they were maybe packed 2 to a crate for 1500 rounds total with the crate providing protection from water & whatnot? 

You pick up some pretty neat-o weird stuff Pat.  thumb1

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:18:39 PM »
Thanks RM.....the image is inverted. The outside of the can was really hard to read and this picture is the inside of the can and flipped. I guess BCI was an importer or maybe still is? They had some nice Chinese AK's (Just from my basic internet searching) I would have loved to find one of these unopened!!  I'll scrub the outside of the tin carefully and hopefully it'll pop a little......