Author Topic: Romanian Dong  (Read 241 times)

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Romanian Dong
« on: January 21, 2024, 10:02:58 PM »

Not a big Dong fan but it comes with the territory
Cugir Factory - Childers build

Papahound

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Romanian Dong
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 11:54:20 PM »
Very nice!  8) The dongs sure are a distinctive feature of the Romanian AKs.

I got one of the partially assembled kits from Atlantic Firearms for my PM.65 build. I just needed to assemble a few things included with the kit (internals, folding stock) and add my own furniture and fcg.

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 12:34:14 AM »
Very nice!  8) The dongs sure are a distinctive feature of the Romanian AKs.

I got one of the partially assembled kits from Atlantic Firearms for my PM.65 build. I just needed to assemble a few things included with the kit (internals, folding stock) and add my own furniture and fcg.

Thanks 32 , they are great shooters and do add a nice addition to the combloc nations , this was a part of a package deal from a recent estate sale :

Papahound

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 03:33:10 AM »
Papahound, I'm beginning to think that that was one heck of an Estate Sale! Very nice examples that you've been posting up! The Romy PM.65 furniture is distinctive. I have a SAR-1 and SAR-2 that I think I'm going to retrofit with sets of the PM.65 furniture. One with a side-folding wire stock and the other with a full stock. I have both the forward facing and the rearward facing dong lower hand guards. I've not used either before so it'll be interesting to see if they're actually usable for me.

Congrats on these cool acquisitions!

firstchoice

Online Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 09:20:02 AM »
Papahound, I'm beginning to think that that was one heck of an Estate Sale! Very nice examples that you've been posting up! The Romy PM.65 furniture is distinctive. I have a SAR-1 and SAR-2 that I think I'm going to retrofit with sets of the PM.65 furniture. One with a side-folding wire stock and the other with a full stock. I have both the forward facing and the rearward facing dong lower hand guards. I've not used either before so it'll be interesting to see if they're actually usable for me.

Congrats on these cool acquisitions!

firstchoice

Most of these rifles were commercial but a few were built from surplus materials , everything was well maintained , unfortunately someone beat me to the pistols but I was definitely pleased with my purchases  thumb1

Papahound