Author Topic: Russians as confounded as we are  (Read 2528 times)

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Russians as confounded as we are
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
I found this on another forum and found it very interesting that the collectors on a Russian forum are pulling out their hair over the same serial number/prefix-suffix questions we are regarding their SKSs. 

I would have thought that someone over there would have had a relative who used or manufactured those guns and had more knowledge of the armory practices.... :o  Sigh.....

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?614098-Reguarding-Russian-SKS-serial-numbers-years
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Russians as confounded as we are
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 09:54:11 AM »
I hear ya Monti....

Unfortunately some of the Russian translations are worse then the chinese.  Over the years I have seen several threads etc that are 10 times more interesting then the ones our little buddy Gary posted.  If you really wanna read some meat/potatoes, ask RM or Bunker for some links.   I dont save the Russian ones like I do the chinese. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Re: Russians as confounded as we are
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:42:09 AM »
RM or Bunker,
Would you mind posting a few Русский язык ссылки that cover some of these topics??  Pretty please....... Спасибо  dance2
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin