Author Topic: Egyptian Helwan  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Egyptian Helwan
« on: July 31, 2017, 07:33:45 PM »
Or... Maadi Cadet, Brigadier, Beretta M1951, even saw it called the M92 Berettas father...... It's got alot of names. This one is stamped Cadet-1. Basically, Beretta gave a license to Maadi who produced both a military version and a commercial version. Production in Egypt is quoted to have started in the 60's. Iraq used them known as the Tariq and Lybia and others used them as well, also it was common to find them in Israel, who used Egyptian captured ones. Saddam Hussein's Private Police were also known to use these pistols. Military ones will have Arabic stamps, this is more or less a commercial one. Also, I saw somewhere the military ones are SA/DA and the commercial are DA only, which I can say, this one is DA only.

If one is familiar with a M92, this roughly the same, though no parts are swappable. It has a 8rd single stack mag and a crossbolt safety. One feature like most European handguns is the mag doesn't drop free when released, you have to pull it out.

Also.. it has a lot of bad press.. people using super hot ammo beating and peening the locking lugs out of it. This one shows some signs of use, but everything looked good, and it's smooth and seems to lock up good. Others say the military version is built better. The trigger isn't bad as some say. Quality wise, it's no Beretta, never will be, but it is a interesting part of the Middle East that blends right in with Hakims, Rasheeds and even the IC SKS.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Egyptian Helwan
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 09:47:19 PM »
Yeah.... the importer was a new one to me. Most I run across are CAI, a few Interarms and some of the more common ones.

And you need one....P32...no middle east collection is complete without  :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Egyptian Helwan
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »
thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!