Author Topic: GB listings for March, 2017 - Romanian  (Read 11107 times)

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: GB listings for March, 2017 - Romanian
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 02:45:54 PM »
Interesting.... why no serial number though? Albanians didn't serialize stocks? Why would an Albanian stock end up on a Romanian? Albanians are the only SKS more rare than a Romanian so it just seems odd. Anything else you can add to that?

Wait...  which one is yours?  I may be looking at the wrong one. 

This is the one I was looking at http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628564760

1958 all matching Romanian

If its this one...  http://www.gunbroker.com/item/632313624

Then its a refurb as seen by the faint square stamp with numbers within on the upper wrist area..... only Romys I have seen these on were ALL refurbs.  The stock has not been refinished.  Romanias refurb process was very inconsistent to say the least. Some no numbers, some HUGE FONT numbers, some stamped on wrong side, some missing the letter prefixes, some stamped sideways.   You has a replacement stock that was installed in Romania during a refurb and has not been refinished since.

These are examples of the variations LC speaks about, typical normal factory serial, on the left side

large font, missing serial letter prefix on the right side.

But both stampings in this case, also match the serial.

On the wrist, these are the typical markings of the Cugir factory stamps in various stages of wear and tear, the middle being the best.

Two more uncommon marks that can be found is the Romanian /FMA 115\ triangle stamp, the same stamp can be found also on Romanian Ak mags and other items. Usually these two are lost quick, due to there shallow nature, especially when sand paper or steel wool comes into play.

And the MNBSCP right side finger groove stamp

These are all marks that would attract high end buyers/collectors.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »
Great stuff GM!  thumb1 You  should write a guide on these Romanian SKSs...oh, wait, you did  doh1  chuckles1

http://sks-files.com/index.php?topic=266.0

Offline JDA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info gents! Im glad to learn about the serial number on the back of the stock. I always thought it may be a faint number but even with a magnifier couldn't really be certain. Seeing a square stamp in good shape it makes more sense. I bet Canada is full of nice ones! Watch the Chinese section later this weekend. I need to learn more info on my SKSS Paratrooper, not for sale... Info is very scarce on them.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 04:46:14 AM »
Actually, any Romanian SKS would be highly desired in Canada...just ask some of our northern neighbors.  thumb1

And Im sure Powersurge will be more than helpful with the Chinese SKSS thumb1

Offline JDA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Well fellas it's official...... I sold an AK instead to fund a new rifle project so I could keep my Romanian. The more I learned from you all the more I struggled with selling it. So that being said, where is a good place to find an authetic Romanian stock and sling? I know this one is an "authentic" refurb, but I want an authentic original. Obviously there is no chance I'll find one with a matching serial number but it sounds like I'm still better off with a non matching authentic then a non matching refurb correct?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2017, 10:09:08 PM »
Whats not authentic about it?   Its a Romanian stock refurbed in amber..... By the Romanians. 

Just leave it alone. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 10:40:43 PM »
+1 to leaving the stock alone.   It's a nice one!  thumb1

Slings are around. eBay or gunbroker is your best bet. They occasionally turn up on the trader at gunboards. Expect to wait months and pay north of $70 for one though.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 11:53:04 PM »
Finding a non refurb or regular Romanian SKS is not overly difficult. But..you might run in to the same game... a person selling on GreedBroker for an astronomically high price, just because they can, or just be patient, and locate a private seller, local LGS, local gun fun club, even a local buy and sale board for a decent price.

Trust me....deals are around, I watch,  and wait and snipe them locally. Patience can pay off in dividends in collecting.

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2017, 01:19:28 PM »
Finding a non refurb or regular Romanian SKS is not overly difficult. But..you might run in to the same game... a person selling on GreedBroker for an astronomically high price, just because they can, or just be patient, and locate a private seller, local LGS, local gun fun club, even a local buy and sale board for a decent price.

Trust me....deals are around, I watch,  and wait and snipe them locally. Patience can pay off in dividends in collecting.

How many non refurb Romanians do you have ? If you have 1 then you have more then me. Ive seen them but always late for the party when they come up for sale. Closest I have is a all matching including the stock but no letter prefix to go with the numbers on the stock only.. Then theres my Girl ! With no numbered stock.. And no, No shipping to Va and nothing is free today :-*

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »
 bat1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »

How many non refurb Romanians do you have ? If you have 1 then you have more then me. Ive seen them but always late for the party when they come up for sale. Closest I have is a all matching including the stock but no letter prefix to go with the numbers on the stock only.. Then theres my Girl ! With no numbered stock.. And no, No shipping to Va and nothing is free today :-*

Oh.. just 1 or 2.. not counting the PSL, M44 Mosins, M1969 .22 trainers, a Romanian refurb Vz24 and Tokarevs :) I have a special place for Romanian stuffs....just like Czech stuffs, err and Yugoslavian.  chuckles1 :)   I stumbled across one of them there Romy SKS stripper pouches at a shop recently for a couple of bucks..it came home with me thumb1

OK....I will cover shipping..Checks in the mail buddy, specially for that luscious hunk of sex  drool2  thumb1  Hopefully your mail ain't like that P32 guys, his stuffs always gets lost in transit. cry1

And put the cleaning rod in....looks so naked..  rofl :P

Online Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 05:10:43 PM »
Ha ha ha Yea a sks without a cleaning rod is like a missing front tooth chuckles1..   Thats a mighty fine display of Romainians indeed. Especially with 2 all matching and all that Romanian leather clap1.  p32's probably testing out that nasty creacher he recently bought...