Author Topic: if reliable would you rather ,,,  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: if reliable would you rather ,,,
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »

I have a friend who had one of those and put a Tapco take-down stock on it then had me put my folding adapter on it as well.

Hello!
I like the conversion. Do you still do this work?
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2021, 03:17:54 PM »
I have a few material bundles left, but not as much call for it anymore. I'll shoot you a PM Larry.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2021, 09:50:29 AM »
Make it 4 in a row, I don't own one anymore either, and yes, I never fired the last ones I had. Only have a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56
Well guys, I got ya covered. I have an Armalite .556, the CMMG 22 adapter (fits in the Armalite), the AR style 22mag, and an 80% AR10, .308. All shoot perfectly, plenty of "add-ons" to "trick" them out.Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2021, 10:12:49 AM »
Make it 4 in a row, I don't own one anymore either, and yes, I never fired the last ones I had. Only have a Ruger American Ranch in 5.56
Well guys, I got ya covered. I have an Armalite .556, the CMMG 22 adapter (fits in the Armalite), the AR style 22mag, and an 80% AR10, .308. All shoot perfectly, plenty of "add-ons" to "trick" them out.Marcus

Thanks Marcus, much appreciated Buddy, :)) :)) thumb1
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2021, 11:35:27 AM »
Got me motivated to do a recap. It's getting bad when you come across stuff you forgot you even had! I'm not sounding off; just putting it out there for folks that might share same interest(s) in this oddball set of metal, wood & plastic/polymer.
M&P 15
Ruger M77  7.62×39
CZ527M  .223
Ruger 10/22
Marlin Papoose
Stevens Model 53C
Winchester Model 190 (2)
Marlin Model 995
Winchester 870 (18")
Browning Hi Power (3)
CZ-85B
S&W M-1917
Walther P-38 9mm
Bersa .380
S&W .38 (serno 6D220XX)
Glock 17 Gen 3 (cuz it's a Kali thang!)
As of today, 39 various SKS'. (
And, one unnumbered Albanian bolt carrier.
Just like most of ya, more pointy metal implements, scopes, binoculars, holsters, cases, magazines, slings, ammo boxes, militaria,

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 01:06:35 AM »
I still have a Chinese NHM-90 AK in 5.56. I held onto it because I was lucky enough to pick up a fair assortment of the Chinese steel 5.56 magazines. I'm just glad that I'm not having to pay the current prices on those mags!  I would like to run across a Chinese 5.56 AK drum someday.

I've thought about picking up one of the Ruger TakeDown .22's but never got around to it. I guess it'd be more of a novelty purchase for me now rather than something I need, though. I agree that the 10/22 market got a bit crazy with all the add-ons and options but that's up to the buyer. I like having options for better mags and parts for my 1911's or whatever platform I'm interested in.  All relative, I suppose.

I'm dabbling in .22 Magnum rifles right now. Bought a stainless Marlin Model 882 SS .22 mag. with a BSA scope that works well for me. I tried using the 10rd. aftermarket mags but the factory Marlin 7rd. mags works flawlessly and I was able to stock up on those, too.

Dang, Matchka! You loaded up on the SKS'! Nice collection of "other stuff" too!  :)  I wish I had picked up those Alby bolt carriers from Aim Surplus when they first imported them.

firstchoice   

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 09:59:30 AM »
Okay, I’ve got to break the streak and give Stoner’s American design a little love :)

The second rifle I ever bought, back in mid-2013 was an AR, a DDM4-V4. I put some Nikon glass on it. It’s a freakin’ tack driver!

A few months ago I picked up a Sig M400 Tread and Sierra scope package at my LGS. Another great rifle (first thing I did was remove the yellow “Tread” vanity rail covers, ugh. I really like the M-lok rail system on it. Clean looking and functional. Put a bipod on that one. Again, tack driver.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
I guess I'm the weird one here.  I've always liked the Marlin Model 70/70P/995 for a semi .22lr rifle.  Had them for decades and have the 25 round Ram-Line mags and some 55 round drums for them.  Always reliable and accurate and even fire in adverse conditions or when gunked up.
The main problem I see with an AK47/74 type is the weight.  My Marlins weigh either half to 70% of the AK, which allows more mags and ammo for the bug out. 
Also picked up an Armalite AR-7 a few years back but still haven't fired it.

P.S.  I'm surprised that GM doesn't own a Mini Mosin .22lr wink1
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 12:28:14 PM by Bacarnal »