Author Topic: Education  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Education
« on: December 02, 2019, 12:22:11 AM »
Likely, you guys have heard this before, but thanks for doing this.

Like a lot of guys, I've been around the SKS, and firearms in general, for a very long time. Until I got here, I had no idea how much I didn't know about this rifle.
I've always liked them. At one point, there was a barrel of them in every gun store around here. Literally, a barrel of Chinese rifles, stored muzzle down, for $39.99 each. Really gorgeous guns. They all had a sling, oiler, cleaning rod, and manual.
Lotsa guys out here in Arizona bought them for truck guns. There were several of those guys that would sell them to me for 20 or 30 bucks for beer money a few months later. (If I'd only known what was gonna happen with prices)

Anyway, I just thought I'd say thanks for the ongoing curriculum here at the SKS university. The stuff I'm learning is top notch. Anyone that doubts it should look at other sites and you'll find that this place is the place to learn about the rifle we all love.

Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Education
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »
Likely, you guys have heard this before, but thanks for doing this.

Like a lot of guys, I've been around the SKS, and firearms in general, for a very long time. Until I got here, I had no idea how much I didn't know about this rifle.
I've always liked them. At one point, there was a barrel of them in every gun store around here. Literally, a barrel of Chinese rifles, stored muzzle down, for $39.99 each. Really gorgeous guns. They all had a sling, oiler, cleaning rod, and manual.
Lotsa guys out here in Arizona bought them for truck guns. There were several of those guys that would sell them to me for 20 or 30 bucks for beer money a few months later. (If I'd only known what was gonna happen with prices)

Anyway, I just thought I'd say thanks for the ongoing curriculum here at the SKS university. The stuff I'm learning is top notch. Anyone that doubts it should look at other sites and you'll find that this place is the place to learn about the rifle we all love.

me too Larry, thanks everyone.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Larry.  It's a labor of love, we are not a very large site and despite our best efforts there is so much disinformation floating around the internet that it will probably never go away. 

I'm hoping to be able to spend a bit more time here and finish up some projects I've been wanting to complete for the last couple years.  Hopefully the site continues to grow and we all learn something new in the years to come!  thumb1

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »
I agree with the above comments made!  I love this site!   thumb1

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »
I definitely agree with the OP's sentiment here!

So much to learn here! And, it's been great to have this site at our fingertips. Thanks to all who contribute! And thanks especially to the Mods that contribute so much time to putting it all together and keeping the wheels on!

firstchoice

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 04:32:39 PM »
I agree with all.  Glad I was able to find this site thumb1.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 05:04:15 PM by Bacarnal »

Offline Weldrdave

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »
Agree with everyone and everything said!  This site has helped me immensely.  Just the history alone is fun! Finding an SKS reminds me of Forrest Gumps (quote) in the movie except like this;
"SKS's are like a box of Chocolate's, you never know what you're going to get"   At least that has been my story so far...   wink1
USN/USCG (retired) Chief.
God created man; Sam Colt made them equal!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Larry.  It's a labor of love, we are not a very large site and despite our best efforts there is so much disinformation floating around the internet that it will probably never go away. 

I'm hoping to be able to spend a bit more time here and finish up some projects I've been wanting to complete for the last couple years.  Hopefully the site continues to grow and we all learn something new in the years to come!  thumb1

I'll second what....RM says.. gawd...I can't believe I said that.. doh1   We the admin pretty much have a known past history and this is what we decided to do..not for us.. but for you all. We are still learning stuff and we have the open mind policy.. discuss it till nothing is left and go from there, maybe discuss it again from a different view point.. But...in the end, You all make the place tick and work, not us..... we just clean up the recovery room when a new addict is born...and just sit in the corner of room with those who freely discuss their addictions. :) thumb1

Oh...and we...sometimes ENABLE  rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 02:34:49 PM »
Thanks for all the input and more than a few leads everyone 8). PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798