Author Topic: New 2019 type 56 imports at Classic tracking thread  (Read 53825 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: New 2019 type 56 imports at Classic tracking thread
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2019, 11:21:17 AM »
Also of note is that the stock is a blade bayo stock that was hogged out to fit the spike. 

I'm thinking this one's a candidate for a complete restocking.  We'll see what the two halves look like after I get the nails pulled.  I'm worried there are going to be gouges of wood missing once I clean it up and it'll look like hell (well worse than your typical Sino-Banian trashy gun that is)  But at $250, I really can't complain.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »
Those are some serious cracks. Some doweling may be in order. The trench art is cool, so I'd be inclined to try and save it.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2019, 04:47:01 PM »
New stock, flip, pull the lever again.   ;)

I bet you can get enough out if it to buy a great one at full price.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2019, 09:28:03 PM »
Id send that back and get another, thats not acceptable by any standard

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2019, 10:20:33 AM »
Id send that back and get another, thats not acceptable by any standard

Unfortunately, on the cracked stock guns they include a "no returns" clause.  Metal is all matching and I see no rust *anywhere*.  Aside from a very stubborn gas piston not wanting to come out of the gas tube (I haven't really tried to get it out yet, I'm not kidding when I say I've been swamped lately!) it looks to be in very serviceable shape. 

Some got much better examples:

And others I would consider on par or perhaps a bit worse:

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »
RM thats what we are expecting right ? I mean if all the metal part numbers match then I think you got an added bonus. Understanding the stock don't match, They could have sent a pile of mixmatched parts on a cracked stock  nea1. Did you say its Albanian Stock ? Im knocking on wood chuckles1  i would be very satisfied with that piece in that condition if the numbers match. Even if they dont it makes decisions allot easier on what to do. IE place it in the front of the safe as a shooter or the back and a historical conversation piece. Happy for you Bro.Man I can smell that thing from here !  rofl2  Mine reaches my FFL thursday probably see it next Saturday. Excited to be able to utilize this scorching California heat to melt that thing clean in a plastic bag  thumb1   Nice going ! Like all the trench features on that bad boy !

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2019, 09:15:05 AM »
I think you find another stock and you will have a nice one.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »
RM thats what we are expecting right ? I mean if all the metal part numbers match then I think you got an added bonus. Understanding the stock don't match, They could have sent a pile of mixmatched parts on a cracked stock  nea1. Did you say its Albanian Stock ? Im knocking on wood chuckles1  i would be very satisfied with that piece in that condition if the numbers match. Even if they dont it makes decisions allot easier on what to do. IE place it in the front of the safe as a shooter or the back and a historical conversation piece. Happy for you Bro.Man I can smell that thing from here !  rofl2  Mine reaches my FFL thursday probably see it next Saturday. Excited to be able to utilize this scorching California heat to melt that thing clean in a plastic bag  thumb1   Nice going ! Like all the trench features on that bad boy !

Hey KK, thanks!  It is what I was expecting, I'm certainly not dissatisfied with it, just not the home run I dreamt of! :) All metal matching is definitely a plus though not as good as an all matching example would have been. The stock is not useable as-is, but I think I can get it pinned and back together given some time and TLC.  If worst comes to worst, I have a few replacement stocks lying around that I can certainly try out. If that still doesn't float my boat, I can always flip it and try for something else. In that case, I'm really not going to be out too all that much (maybe shipping) as bubba'd guns on gunbroker routinely fetch $350 these days.

Good luck on yours!  thumb1

Offline santaroga

• constitutional imperialist
  • Cadet
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2019, 09:41:29 AM »
I haven't cleaned the cosmo off, but I grabbed another pair on the lowest regular sale price (not cracked stock) - my first one (early sale price) came in all matching and pretty nice, so i rolled again at $50 less and came up with some non matching.

Good condition, but one has a non matching receiver cover and the other has a bolt carrier, receiver cover that match each other and are different from the rest of the rifle, except the bolt, which is a third serial number. I'll verify headspace when I get around to cleanaing it up. Might be a project gun, might end up being a more or less accurate one, who knows. I may sell it off and improve my collection.

the one with the non matching dustcover ends up being a family beater/shooter, I expect.

it's always important to remember that prices go up, not down.
chocolate chip vet.

rule 1: do stuff
rule 2: don't let "lacka" prevent you from doing stuff
rule 3: finish some thing every day

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2019, 10:34:45 AM »
Hopfully my cracked stock 299 special will all match . Just like RM. that's what I'm rolling the dice on.. The way  I look at it is that if one part doesnt match it's the same if all  parts dont match. Just another shooter with decreased value.. regardless,  everything is going to be okay😛👍

Offline Alphabrew

• Newber
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2019, 11:09:32 AM »
Cracked stock from Classic.  Serial 101522452.  The receiver cover does not match but everything else is matching.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »
hi and welcome Alpha. good to have you here. looks good to me, i'd be happy with that one. i think you did good.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »
Now $410 for whatever is left at Atlantic.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »
Yeah that's a nice one !

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
I like 'em when they have some hard use on 'em.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:41 PM »
Got my 299.00 special from AIM. Nothing special. All metal matches and stock has no number. It will be used as a service gun that will protect the collectables at the rear of the safe. Don't see any cracks in the stock. Pretty cool trench art. Piece of history. Cant wait to clean it. Kidding..  :))chuckles1

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2019, 11:47:07 AM »
Bluing doesn't look horrible DC!  Maybe a bit of wear on the gas tube, receiver rails, and bottom of the magazine, but not like it's a rusty heap!  If she shoots straight, I'd say you've done pretty well!

That bottom sling swivel on the stock though...I'd swap that out for the right side swivel first thing.  I'll look through my stash tonight and see if I have one for you.  If I remember correctly, I only have bottom swivels but it never hurts to check!

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
Thanks RM but Ive got a swivel for it already. Just havent had time to clean and touch it up a llittle   .. I appreciate your offering :P  You can add the serial number to your data if you like. Yeah there pretty cool guns . Especially the NIKON RUBIK stock. thumb1 rofl

Does anyone know what country this writing is from on the stock ?  Balkins ? Bloc.. Its not Russian or Chinese I know that : ) 

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2019, 07:19:20 PM »
Does anyone know what country this writing is from on the stock ?  Balkins ? Bloc.. Its not Russian or Chinese I know that : ) 
Presumably it’s Albanian.

Offline 2CavTrooper

• Newber
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2019, 12:11:30 AM »
A little late to the party. Bought this back in July but life got in the way of me taking the time I needed to get into this rifle. I've been collecting WWII milsurp for a while and decided to extend into other milsurp when I saw this advertised (my first WWII milsurp, a Mosin, was also from CF). I took my time completely disassembling it and cleaning every nook and cranny. My only minor complaint was that the stock was grungy as hell. After a lot of work trying to get it into halfway decent shape, determined I needed to strip it as best I  could and refinish it.

All matching and is in great mechanical shape. As with any new rifle variant I pick up, I started doing more in-depth research and ended up here finding some great info. Although, not sure where I go to add my rifle's data to your database. WHen I go to the link from http://chinesesks.weebly.com/ "Chinese SKS Survey" it tells me "Form over quota!". Anyway, based on your data, this would be a series 11 (1966) rifle. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks.