Author Topic: CZ-527 vs Custom SKS hunter dilemma  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
CZ-527 vs Custom SKS hunter dilemma
« on: July 18, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »
What did I just do,  :o ??? 8)

I was in the process of posting about seeing a CZ-527 in x39 and wondering if I should get it instead of finishing my project SKS then do something different with the SKS. The seller had it listed for $1000 for the rifle, in wood stock, 3 OEM mags, 600 rounds of ammo, and a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36mm Riflescope($400 scope). I had emailed him about a trade and/or selling without the scope.
Anyway, while in the process of writing this thread the guy removed his post so I thought I had missed out. Went to delete everything and he emails me. He removed the post because I got him to thinking about keeping the scope to put on another rifle. So, to keep a long story from getting too much longer. I am meeting the guy later to make purchase on a really nice CZ-527 in wood stock with rings, but no scope, the ammo, and the 3 mags for $650. :)

I will post up pics this evening when I get her home. Did I mention I have wanted one of these for years?? :)) :))
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: CZ-527 vs Custom SKS hunter dilemma
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
I have a CZ-527 in .223 wood, w/a Leupold VX-2. My bolt ×39 is a mint Ruger M77 MarkII "boat paddle". Love 'em!

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 05:10:05 PM »
I have wanted one of these for precisely eight days!  rofl

I kinda just noticed them when buying some ammo last week, they had a sub $500 plastic stock version that was screaming at me, but they sold out before I could convince the wife to consider yet another gun this year.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 09:12:27 PM »
Well, here is my new purchase, 50 rnds down the pipe and still with the box and papers.
This version of the model sells new for what I paid for the entire package so I am very, very happy.
18.5" Carbine in the deluxe Walnut stock w/rings and 3-5rnd mags. And the 600 rnds of 122gr Tula FMJ.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 10:01:38 PM »
NICE!

The mags and rings are a big bonus, I heard the mags are around $40 a pop, and the rings are just obscure.   Plus food for the whole family! :P

After watching several Youtube reviews, I was kinda sold by a bunch of the guys saying kinda shamefully that it's their favorite gun....now.

Once things simmer the hell down, I am going to pursue one of these...probably in poly, despite the wood looking so gorgeous on the ones I've seen.  I mean, I wouldn't mind the wood...and wifey prefers it, if the right deal comes along that might be a selling point to her.

Great score, look forward to hearing more about her. :)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 10:10:30 PM »
NICE!

The mags and rings are a big bonus, I heard the mags are around $40 a pop, and the rings are just obscure.   Plus food for the whole family! :P

After watching several Youtube reviews, I was kinda sold by a bunch of the guys saying kinda shamefully that it's their favorite gun....now.

Once things simmer the hell down, I am going to pursue one of these...probably in poly, despite the wood looking so gorgeous on the ones I've seen.  I mean, I wouldn't mind the wood...and wifey prefers it, if the right deal comes along that might be a selling point to her.

Great score, look forward to hearing more about her. :)

Yeah, I soooooo want to get to the range now.  The scope is a 3-9x40 that was on a Remington 770 I bought from Walmart thinking it was a .308 W, but got home and it was a 7mm Rem Mag(long story for another thread, LOL) Anyway, that is what I put on the CZ. November cannot come soon enough. :)) :))

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 10:15:44 PM »
Excellent score!  I love CZs and have toyed with getting their 7.62x39 bolt gun. Looking forward to hearing what you think about its performance.  thumb1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 10:32:19 PM »
Excellent score!  I love CZs and have toyed with getting their 7.62x39 bolt gun. Looking forward to hearing what you think about its performance.  thumb1

They have a trigger set where you normally have it at around 3-3.5 lbs then you can flick the trigger forward and it locks, then the trigger is at 1.5-2lbs. It is smooth too. Very much looking forward to take a couple of deer with it this fall.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with my SKS project. Kind of thinking about putting it into a Shernic Bullpup or Making one of my folder set ups for it.

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 11:48:30 AM »
Smooth as silk bolt action, trigger out of the box is perfect for me. Balance and 'hold'- phenomenal. CZ's 527 'Mauser' is my #1 lightweight .223 go-to back country rifle - carried it for miles, hardly know its there.