Author Topic: Here-we-go!  (Read 17164 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Here-we-go!
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Alright guys...  Guess I better face the music also.   :)

Some know me, and some may not. I have a passion similar to all members here for things that go boom and a particular fascination for the sks carbine. That being said, this forum was born on the idea that progress and knowledge CAN be investigated, examined, pursued, corrected, displayed, and kept up-to-date as best as possible free from persecution, suppression, and full-blown ego nose thumbing based on 2004/05 information and the protective buddy system. I (and others) felt this was long past due, and we are dedicated in the consolidation and documentation of information and knowledge based on what we DO know while exploring any/all possibilities and whether its creditable or not to warrant a revision of any information. If we don't know.... we don't know. There will be NO forcing into law of things such as Chinese using Cyrillic letters, letter guns are 1956, horizontal stock serials are ex-ddr and many others found on outdated sites without solid evidence proving such claims are legitimate.

Was I banned unjustly from another board simply for posting a link to an informational based website dedicated to document and consolidate sks information.... you bet cha, have the screen-shots to prove it.  Have other dedicated collectors/researchers been bashed for challenging theories forced into law without merit?.. darn skippy. The dictatorship is over, no more sucking the toes of god-squads and self proclaimed experts that refuse to acknowledge new research based evidence solely for collection preservation or backing up an enormous ego.

I put my pants on one one leg at a time just like you guys. There will be no "ban week", and we are all equal free thinking individuals with a common passion. I have spread the Administrator position to include FIVE other guys and do not wish to be the sole owner and dictator of this site. As of right now we are not accepting donations because we do not wish to make a profit nor will we be turning the site into a personal business banner.   

I want you guys to have fun.... be yourself, feel welcome, and for god sakes make friends and build relationships with fellow members because thats ultimately what this is all about.  I am looking forward to building this site with all of you willing to join us.   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:34:39 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Here-we-go!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
 banana time

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Wait, who are you again?!  :P

MrC is right, I came over here because many of the reasons he listed in this post.  We're all human, we all make mistakes or come to the wrong conclusions given the limited evidence that will always exist in the SKS world.  If there's something in an 'official' FAQ here that you think is flat out wrong, question it, challenge it, pose an alternate hypothesis.  You're not going to hurt anyone's feelings.  If it's correct, evidence will support it. If it needs changed, evidence will force the change.  Maybe we never find out for certain, but the purpose of this place is to give us a nice forum where we can try and work things out without getting wrapped around the axle due to massive egos, abrasive personalities, 'I'm never wrong syndrome', 'XYZ website says this' or other crap like that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, if you disagree with me I'll nuke you!  bat1

rofl

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »
 banana time banana time
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:15:10 PM »

MrC is right, I came over here because many of the reasons he listed in this post.  We're all human, we all make mistakes or come to the wrong conclusions given the limited evidence that will always exist in the SKS world.  If there's something in an 'official' FAQ here that you think is flat out wrong, question it, challenge it, pose an alternate hypothesis.  You're not going to hurt anyone's feelings.  If it's correct, evidence will support it. If it needs changed, evidence will force the change.  Maybe we never find out for certain, but the purpose of this place is to give us a nice forum where we can try and work things out without getting wrapped around the axle due to massive egos, abrasive personalities, 'I'm never wrong syndrome', 'XYZ website says this' or other crap like that.

rofl

This.

banana time banana time

banana time banana time banana time banana time

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:55 PM »
Well written, well spoken.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline sheepdog

• BIG MONEY GRIFF
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
  • Khrushchev was right
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 11:22:11 PM »
So far so good.  :) Glad to be here amongst so many good friends. The sense of humor here is a big plus except for that Blicero guy. Just what is a Blicero? Sounds like an Italian condom brand.  rofl  Lubed with mineral oil for your pleasure.  chuckles1

LIVE FROM THE DOGHOUSE

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:02 PM »

rofl

Wait a minute, I'm abrasive and "scary", but, I only have one feeling, and it's real hard to hurt.  chuckles1

Nuke me :o  come at me bro, the server came at me, but I'm back, resurrected

Oh and Welcome Mr. Cannon bat1 thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 11:26:57 PM »

If only I knew someone that could un-spoke it....

No?  I'm trying too hard?

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 11:46:59 PM »

If only I knew someone that could un-spoke it....

No?  I'm trying too hard?

rofl2

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »
If I was a "party-er"...I'd want to party with you guys!  dance2

Sounds good to me Cannon and running-man, lets continue to march.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:49:50 AM by Dannyboy53 »

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 12:13:06 AM »
Blicero
Ribbed for her pleasure.

My future in marketing is boundless. You all can be my underlings or secretaries. Awesome perks for being my secretary (unsolicited harassment and advances included)

I'll be the first to say that I may have my beliefs about SKS, but I don't think much is proven, no matter how much evidence points to one theory or another. 99% of sks facts are just well thought out ideas at the least. But I'll leave the SKS minutia to the Legends. I'll be in the German K98 section if anybody needs me.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 12:52:05 AM »
Wait a minute, I'm abrasive and "scary", but, I only have one feeling, and it's real hard to hurt.  chuckles1

Nuke me :o  come at me bro, the server came at me, but I'm back, resurrected

Oh and Welcome Mr. Cannon bat1 thumb1

Hell Carl, all I ever said was you scare me. I'm also scared of Ebola, hyperinflation, and clowns!  As for the abrasive part, you got me. That was 100% directed at you!  rofl.

Oh and blicero can't be trusted on anything SKS. Once he gets his mineral oil covered paws on one it's game over. You saw what he did to my pristine*, almost matching**, clean***, fully functional Yugo right?

* hadn't seen the light of day since 2003.
** only six S/Ns on that bad boy!
*** less the bear fur and moon rocks.
**** slight gouge bareky covering 98% of the firing pin tip.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:17 AM »
Bah....  looks like one of these other jokers stickied my intro.    fart1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »
banana time banana time banana time banana time bouncecool1 banana time banana time banana time banana time

rockon rockon rockon rockon

Oh and um...welcome?   ;)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »
Huh, Loose Cannon, SKS, Blistero, K98, Running Man, Mosins?!...where am I?...I thought this was the X-Files site...is the user name Smoking Man already taken?

Well, in any case welcome to your/our/THE site!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 04:43:38 PM »
Huh, Loose Cannon, SKS, Blistero, K98, Running Man, Mosins?!...where am I?...I thought this was the X-Files site...is the user name Smoking Man already taken?

Well, in any case welcome to your/our/THE site!

Yea, it is, all I need is Scully :P :P
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
Why I autta.....    chuckles1

Offline XXXSKS

• HOT DAMN Commercial SKS EXPERT YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Marksman
  • AC/T84 "D" KS-30 MC-5D "M" NR Sporter 63 93
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »
How can you welcome somebody that was here first. :-*

8)............................>Joe
WELP ....................HORK SPIT........................

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 12:50:59 PM »
Thanks for having me here man. Alot of hard work has, and is being done here and will be appreciated for a long time to come.

Really love the feel to the place already. Lots of good solid info and details for my OCD side and a great group of guys with an overall awesome sense of humor.

You need to watch the door though... RM and Blicero snuck in already...Before we know it , there will be "closet mosinitis" and mineral oil every where.  wink1
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.