Author Topic: Pre-Remington Marlin 925M  (Read 7141 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Pre-Remington Marlin 925M
« on: February 02, 2015, 12:00:22 PM »
I picked up this little gem in a trade the other day. As LC may remember from our many 22 conversations on the 'other' boards I have wanted a rifle in 22 WMR for some time now back when I had a Glenfield version of the Marlin 81 in 22LR. My timing on this, of course, stinks because I really needed the cash for a couple of other projects I am working on.  :)) cry1 >:(

Anyway, I may just have to sell my Chiappa 22LR AR Upper instead because I really hate to think about letting go of this baby.

Just for the heck of it, which do you think I should keep? Even though I think I know most all y'alls answer. :)) :))

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:21:48 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
Re: Pre-Remington Marlin 925M
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
Dump the Chiappa upper, you can always get another one of those later.

This looks like a sweet shooter and something you've been looking for, congrats!
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:06:07 PM »
I've gotta agree with Carl.  You got yourself a fine looking .22 mag there GG!  thumb1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »
Dump the Chiappa upper, you can always get another one of those later.

This looks like a sweet shooter and something you've been looking for, congrats!

+1  That's what I would do in a heartbeat! If that rifle shoots as good as it looks (and I have no reason to think otherwise of that Marlin barrel)...yeah buddy! Possibly a scope in the future?! Danged good score GG.  thumb1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »
Dump the other thing  :), there is almost something sexy about a "real" Marlin now. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »
Especially when it is set in a Laminated Hardwood stock!!

Yes, I would definitely be looking at a decent target scope for this. The receiver is already set up with the dovetail grooves. Don't know if it would be worth it to D&T for weaver/picatinney or not. I was thinking a straight 12x or 16x, but maybe a zoom with AO 4-12x or 4-16x would be more advantageous.

Know anybody looking for a Chiappa Upper w/2 mags???? :)) :))
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
  And, just where is this Glenfield/Marlin 81 drool1, I got one of those floating somewhere as well. Come off the dang photos!!!!!!!!!! Don't  tease, I'm not in my straightjacket, yet.. chuckles1

I'd give the dovetail a try, I know, don't laugh, my Marlin 917V I have never had an accuracy issue with using the dovetail.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
The Glenfield got sold along with all of my other firearms at the end of 2013. That was when I was having some real bad nerve damage issues in my neck and shoulder. They are still there but through prayer and PT I am getting better and am now able to shoot again. At the worst point I couldn't even lift my arms at the shoulders, only at the elbows.
The reason I sold everything was largely due to paying for the tuition for my wife to do some post grad work out at UCLA for 2-3 months at the beginning of 2014.(I never really talked about it much on the other boards, but that is why I wasn't on there much all last year)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Noice.     Can't say I ever saw the laminated hardwood.    The grooved receiver should hold a scope just fine with a decent set of rings.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline shemhamforash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:20 AM »
dang, pics no worky................

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »
dang, pics no worky................

Sorry Shem, I inadvertently deleted them off the host site when I was cleaning it up. I ended up needing to sell the rifle to help cover costs on an emergency trip out to my folks in WA.