Author Topic: Got Vostok?  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Got Vostok?
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
I LOVE THIS RIFLE!!!!!

Finally got around to taking some decent pics of the Vostok in all its glory!  Even the rear sights match.   8)

Enjoy...  Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:41:50 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Re: Got Vostok?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:51:09 PM »
 rofl

LC you crack me up!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:21:28 PM »
rofl

LC you crack me up!
True story  chuckles1

That's a красивая девушка!

What's the history on these Vostoks?  Rare?   

The trigger looks unlike anything else I've seen. Just a simple single-stage trigger or...?  Three screws for the trigger guard to receiver interface suggests a really snug bedding for the receiver.  Free floating barrel?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »
These were used throughout Europe, Russia etc as mid-level marksmanship rifles. 'Clup guns' are what these are sometimes referred to as they (and several others) were commonly used at shooting clubs. These shooting clubs were/are very popular as in many countries it was about the only way you can shoot.  Competition among these clubs are legendary, and its where the best Olympic shooters are/were groomed. 

This is a Vostok CM-2 gen2.  The gen1 was virtually identical but the stock was a bit more basic and had no adjustable butt. The gen3 was virtually identical also, but they upgraded the side mount rear peep to a top mount.  The gen3 is obviously the most desirable in the US due to being able to easily mount a scope. The Newest model that was offered in full length and cadet model at several retailers prior to the recent ban were very similar also, but with more modern peeps, alum trigger housing etc.

The 'Vostok' is simply line of target rifles in which there were several rifles under.  These guns were made by Izmash which is the commercial (sporting) entity of Izhevsk.   thumb1

There is also a model Ural which has three locking bolt lugs as apposed to the two on the CM2. The Vostok Ural also had a gen1,2 and 3 evolution in similar fashion to the CM2.  My Father (Slumbering Bear) has been winning every single 100y competition he enters with his Ural over the past two years...  The Ural and CM2 are no joke when it comes to how well they shoot.  His competitors are shooting $4,000 guns and he kicks their ass every single time. 

The Ural and CM2 have a fully adjustable single stage trigger that goes down to about 4-6oz. The bottom of the receiver is square and has a large diamond meat-hammer type knurling that bites down into the wood when the action screws draw it down.  The barrel is 100% free float, hammer forged, and hand-lapped.  They also have match-chambers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:10:11 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

Online Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 11:46:27 PM »

What's the history on these Vostoks?  Rare?   

The trigger looks unlike anything else I've seen. Just a simple single-stage trigger or...?  Three screws for the trigger guard to receiver interface suggests a really snug bedding for the receiver.  Free floating barrel?

Rare, naw man, closer to uncommon, even I got Vostok, I guess you wanna CM-2 rofl,  and floating barrel, you bet your bippy it's free floated.. thumb1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »
Laff...   GM bought my fathers CM2.    thumb1

Phos...  Your prolly looking at my trigger shoe.