Author Topic: My Bubba Public Security Bastaige  (Read 2939 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
My Bubba Public Security Bastaige
« on: December 09, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »
Hi Fellas,

My onliest PSF SKS that I did the best to save (might have posted it already??). It was hideous when I got it a while back. The rifle came in an ATI Monty with cheese grater HG, and a receiver cover see thru scope mount (two original numbered pieces forever gone), but mechanically it's made well with a great finish, crisp trigger. The Timbersmith, blank Chinese cover, T200, 5 rd mag, and Romy sling, were parts off the Khyber Pass shelf to build an SKS based range toy. Since PSF rifles are rare, less than 2K, I had to do something. I have the rear sight, mag & bayo, and the right blank stock could get it passable, but it's in my heap now . It's the best I could do with what I had. PAX

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 12:59:52 AM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: My Bubba Public Security Bastaige
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »
That's a worthy save PAX, nice work.  I dig the Romy sling on this gun!  thumb1

How do you like the tech sites?

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:13:39 PM »
Should be an interesting restoration.

Keep us posted.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 01:07:44 AM »
Should be an interesting restoration.

Keep us posted.

The only other item I may change out, is the front sight block for a blued neutered unit (no range time because of this). I had been hesitant on doing the swap, but I just used the FSB puller tool, on a Para rescue, and it made the job easier. Then it'll be done. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 07:33:33 AM »
Those Timbersmith stocks are definitely sharp looking. Turned an irreversible Bubba into something classy and presentable  thumb1

Online Boris Badinov

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:20:08 AM »
I am not familiar with the Timbersmith stocks. Are they inletted to accommodate pillar bedding?

Did you do any kind of bedding or free floating mods?

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »
I am not familiar with the Timbersmith stocks. Are they inletted to accommodate pillar bedding?

Did you do any kind of bedding or free floating mods?

I don't know, & no to the SKS float/bed. A bolt gun or 2 yes I've tweaked, and my Finn 91/30's are bedded (by the Finns).

The only initial thing I do on an SKS, is see that the furniture is snug at the cross bolt lug.
The Timbersmith is a heavy chunk of wood, and fit the PSF action like a glove, so my hopes are high that it will be a good shooter, it's a purpose built range toy after all. Did I mention that it looked as new when I got it? Not many rounds down the pipe apparently. PAX
  You need a crew