Author Topic: magpul 30 rounders  (Read 1220 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
magpul 30 rounders
« on: December 27, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »
anyone have any experience with them , im using the steel Poly tech mags , but i was looking at the Magpuls and got to thinking , it would be great to get rid of that metal on metal wear , i love their AR15 and LR.308 mags
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Re: magpul 30 rounders
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 04:22:10 PM »
anyone have any experience with them , im using the steel Poly tech mags , but i was looking at the Magpuls and got to thinking , it would be great to get rid of that metal on metal wear , i love their AR15 and LR.308 mags
They function just fine with my adapters. And no duckbill to mess with.Marcus
LOL, I musta been asleep. I misread it as Promag, NOT Magpul. And yes the Promags run fine.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 10:50:18 AM by 1mlt »
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 04:52:00 PM »
They function just fine with my adapters. And no duckbill to mess with.Marcus

what adaptors , for a AR platform?

im going to grab 4 of them to start
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »
I've never heard anything negative about the magpul mags other than the extra meat in the body needed due to being plastic that they don't fit well into some AR mag pouches compared to steel or aluminum ones. They are a little heavier than the aluminum ones too, but that is on an AR. With an AK I don't know of any aluminum mags only steel and plastic.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 05:40:30 PM »
yea ,the magpul Gen 3 are what i use for my AR platforms , like i said i was interested in their AK mags to get away from the metal on metal , i use the Poly tech mags now , im getting 4 and give them a chance

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 10:40:50 PM »
had a fella that said hes used the poly mags extensively  , said that the NON MOE mags are prone to breakage , it has to do with how an AK mag locks up that the lock nubs on the mag cant take the abuse and break ,just bumping the mag while locked in can damage the lock nubs , he said the MOE mags , which oddly enough are less expensive  are good to go and they will wear out but that takes allot of use