Author Topic: Paratrooper bayos????  (Read 843 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Paratrooper bayos????
« on: December 18, 2021, 12:12:41 PM »
Howdy SKS Junkies,

I've heard that the bayonet installation issue comes from the Chinese SKS Paratrooper, because they were not military surplus but new production, the ATF required that they be imported without a bayonet. They also made a regulation that you could not add one.

There were Paratroopers sold with bayos before the regulation was enacted, and once in place, was it retroactive for rifles already sold, or were those guns grandfathered in to be OK with bayos? I know at one time the importer catalogs offered an option of either blade or spile bayos on Paras. Then they quit attaching bayos and some manufactures filled in the slot and neutered the Paratrooper hinge point to comply. Thanks, PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Re: Paratrooper bayos????
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 04:10:33 PM »
I think the bayo offering depends on when the rifle was offered.  Preban ... during ban.... post ban.  Then there is the state compliance part.  Some states...the stabbie stab parts are bad. 

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Paratrooper bayos????
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 05:56:48 PM »
Yup, I agree with BMont, pre and post ban nomenclature is deeply tied to the Bayo removal and then when further clarification was given, full bayo lug delete (along with bayo grooves being filled in).  '92 to '94 was certainly a very interesting period for surplus imports because of this...