Author Topic: Here's one for y'all a Harrington & Richardson from LGS  (Read 4482 times)

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Here's one for y'all a Harrington & Richardson from LGS
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:49:53 PM »
This is the commercial version of the Harrington & Richardson, Inc. trainer (M65/165) for the M1 Garand that was used by the USMC during WWII. 

This version, the H&R M151 Leatherneck, is chambered in .22 LR, utilizes blow back action that is based on the Reising submachine gun.  It has a 22" heavy barrel, blued finish, 5 or 10 rouund detachable box mag, a Redfield M70 rear aperture sight with a ramped protected front blade sight, a walnut buttstock,  and was manufactured only between 1948-1952 in Worcester, Massachusetts. 

Keeping true to the military trainer, even though this rifle is the commercial variant, it weighs in at 7 1/4 lbs.  The most unusual feature of this rifle is it's index finger plunger recessed in the stock for actuating.  Enjoy....

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Here's one for y'all a Harrington & Richardson from LGS
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:56 PM »
The Reising M65 were all military trainers used by the military, and all 165, 150, and 151 models were later civilian models and are roll stamped 'leatherneck'. 

The military M65 was actually a trainer for the Reising M50 and M55 sub guns.   ;)

left to right..  Commercial" Model 50, "Military" Model 50, and Model 55 Reising Submachine Guns

There WAS however a very small and rare later run of the M65 with a relocated safety to mimic the garand called the MC58..... for garand training.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »
All variations are fantastic....   being a US trainer guru, I have a nice M65 and believe they are all just the neatest/best old 22s coin can buy.    thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:14:34 PM »
Almost forgot...  There was also a civilian semiauto version of the .45 called the M60.  These were popular with police and corrections and can be bought like any other rifle....  no cooling fins.

Offline montigre

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
Those sub machine gun trainers are exquisite!!  Thanks for sharing your info!
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 07:48:50 AM »
Very nice rifles! Love those .22 trainers!  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »
I may have a 150 around here somewhere also.  Can't remember where I stuffed those things.    :o

M65, 165, and 151 have redfield 75 peep sights.  The 150 has a standard leaf.

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »
Almost bid on one of these yesterday but split the budget between two other rifles...got beat on both. Very nice rifle congrats. I'm a fan of that series myself, I have a 165 that is posted here and a recently purchased 65 that I haven't taken pics of yet. The stock was painted black long ago and that can't stay so it will be a before and ater thread when I get to it.

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone