Author Topic: bayonets  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
bayonets
« on: March 20, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
Quick question guys, is the black Albanian spike bayonet the same length as the Chinese Spike bayonet so as to be interchangeable?
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: bayonets
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »
Chinese bayo: 15"

Albanian bayo:  14.25"

Other then that, they are the same.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »
Chinese bayo: 15"

Albanian bayo:  14.25"

Other then that, they are the same.

Cool, I just did a BIN on Ebay for a Chinese SKS stock w/hardware and HG for my newest project rifle I just posted about. Paid $39.95 shipped. It has been refinished a dark brown w/hint of red and a black bayo would look real cool with it but still stay somewhat original looking.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
I know I am late to respond, but be aware the Albanian mounting hardware doesn't jive with Chinese lugs...they will sag.

I have a black SKS project that isn't complete yet...so I have yet to post it.  But, fortunately the Chinese handles work fine with the the Alby bayonets....as I have discovered.

It looks REALLY cool on an all black SKS....but I have considered it on stock SKS's, the difference in length isn't extremely noticeable...and it kind of gives that '49 look.  I have even considered grinding one down super short for my Strikeforce stocked SKS...I hate the naked lug just hanging there for no reason.  If you are gonna actually use a bayonet, a few inches is all you need to ruin someones day...and it will be less likely to get stuck.  ;)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 07:53:47 PM »
I know I am late to respond, but be aware the Albanian mounting hardware doesn't jive with Chinese lugs...they will sag.

I have a black SKS project that isn't complete yet...so I have yet to post it.  But, fortunately the Chinese handles work fine with the the Alby bayonets....as I have discovered.

It looks REALLY cool on an all black SKS....but I have considered it on stock SKS's, the difference in length isn't extremely noticeable...and it kind of gives that '49 look.  I have even considered grinding one down super short for my Strikeforce stocked SKS...I hate the naked lug just hanging there for no reason.  If you are gonna actually use a bayonet, a few inches is all you need to ruin someones day...and it will be less likely to get stuck.  ;)

The collar, spring and screw on mine are Chinese, just the spike itself is Albanian.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »
Interesting tid-bit..  wonder why the lug/collar angle would be different.    :-\

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 12:12:09 AM »
Interesting tid-bit..  wonder why the lug/collar angle would be different.    :-\

Albanians are weirdos...   :P

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 08:57:10 PM »
Fair enough answer for me.    rofl

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »
My guess is that it was to compensate for the longer stock...which was conceived by the minds of weirdos trying to reinvent the wheel.  ;)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »
Your probably right. Sliding the ferrule further towards the muzzle would dictate a slight angle change at the lug.  Interesting

Offline Justin Hell

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 12:52:43 PM »
Lengthen the stock, you need to change the angle slightly....which also explains the slightly shorter bayonet. 

Eureka!

wink1