Author Topic: Spin off: SKS desirability Rankings?  (Read 9901 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Spin off: SKS desirability Rankings?
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »
Oh...   and I'll stress this again.  Monetary value has nothing to do with rarity.  Something is not rare simply because it costs more money. Although something deemed as rare can effect value simply because of supply/ demand.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:03:45 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Power Surge

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 02:27:54 PM »
Oh...   and I'll stress this again.  Monetary value has nothing to do with rarity.  Something is not rare simply because it costs more money. Although something deemed as rare can effect value simply because of supply/ demand.

Oh I completely agree. Value of anything is simply what someone is willing to pay. And if enough people are willing to pay a certain price, then it becomes market value. people are paying more for the commercial guns now, so their market value is going up. Heck, that really applies to all sks's,  as even regular nothing special models are going for twice as much as they were a few years back.

Rarity is just how uncommon something is. Something can be rare, but it's only valuable if people want to pay good money for it. For example, a misprinted comics book could be rare and super valuable, but a misprinted newspaper is worth zero.

And please don't think knocking the old military guns...I love them! I'm just commenting on the trend that the commercial models are going up in value...and that means people want them.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 06:54:27 PM »
Like you said... they all going up.  Its not just the commercial guns.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.