Author Topic: Chinese Public Security SKS Importers  (Read 507 times)

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Chinese Public Security SKS Importers
« on: July 08, 2023, 01:56:58 AM »
Besides Keng’s Firearms Specialty, any other importers brought Public Security SKS into the US?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Chinese Public Security SKS Importers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 07:36:29 PM »
As far as i know it’s only Keng’s. There is a possibility that Polytech USA (PTK) might also have brought some in as I believe they were at the same location in the same general timeframe but I’ve got no proof of that at all.

Offline pcke2000

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 10:09:55 PM »
As far as i know it’s only Keng’s. There is a possibility that Polytech USA (PTK) might also have brought some in as I believe they were at the same location in the same general timeframe but I’ve got no proof of that at all.

Thank you RM! I am still suspecting so called Public Security Type 56 SKS could be just a batch stamped per importer's request.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 06:58:32 AM »
I have recorded serial numbers and as much other info as possible on about 60 different 公安 PS guns from anywhere I could locate them. All have been imported from KFS. There are 5 different arsenals that provided their Type 56' for the Public Security Forces stamp. /416\, [0140], [0141], [0144], and /26\. (I think I had two /26\ PS guns recorded. Not many of those.)

At one time, I was in contact with Kengs. I spoke with a salesman that had been with Kengs a long time and was friends with, and knew both Da Keng and his son, David Keng, quite well. I bought the $49.95 Certificate of Authenticity for my /416\ Public Security rifle back in 2016 which is signed by both Da Keng and David Keng. The certificate basically gives the dates of import into the country and the date the rifle was sold by Kengs. It also gives the name and location of the arsenal that manufactured the rifle. It's a Poly Technologies Certificate of Authenticity.

I had intentions of calling again to find out more about the 公安 PS guns and the story behind them, especially to ask about the exact number that were imported. If they have all that other info, they'd have numbers, as well. Mrs. Keng works in the office and was very kind and helpful. I think much more info could be gleaned from that source by someone with good people skills and a bit of time. Apparently, Da Keng worked at the /416\ and (386) PolyTech arsenals and helped develop the PolyTech lines. His office is supposedly lined/ringed with prototypes of Polytech that would have us all drooling. I'd love to find out! :o

I really have no proof about the 公安 PS guns being what the Kengs say they are. I would think that they would have ordered more if they were simply a batch stamped per importer's request, though. The number that was always kicked around the forums was "a pallet or two". I'd always imagined 100-200 PS guns total, if that many. The Kengs can clarify that, though. To date, we've documented around 60.

firstchoice

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 02:50:04 PM »
Great info FC!

I lean toward them being real. It seems like if you were going to create something fictitious it would be more than a subtle marking on the receiver with a couple of characters. 99.9% of Americans in the 80s or early 90s wouldn’t have a clue about how to even research their meaning. Which library, what book?  ??? rofl Maybe inlet a colorful PS enameled emblem or at least a decal on the stock  :))