Author Topic: Romanian GB pick up  (Read 10159 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Romanian GB pick up
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 06:17:02 AM »
  Way to go Phos! That's a nice '57 Romanian! And with the correct Romanian sling, to boot! You did great and I'm even a little encouraged that there may be one out there for me, yet. Congrats!

That looks like one of the Norinco made bipods in the first pic. Did it come with the carbine? I have a couple of the Norinco bipods, but they used a thick coat of black paint on them instead of a good parkerizing, bluing, or Moly coating of some sort. I'm going to disassemble one, strip the paint, and put a good finish on it, (which finish?...yet to be decided on). I like that bipod for bench shooting. I used some self adhesive felt on the inside of the barrel clamping jaws to avoid marring the surface/finish of the barrel. It worked quite well. 

firstchoice

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
What ? You mean you bought a matching 57 with no cleaning rod ! ! !  That would have been a deal breaker lol ..

Nice score P32. Someone would be moving over in my safe so he could fill that hole..  thumb1

rofl  Yeah, I have a spare cleaning rod on my bench, so it wasn't too great a detraction  :)

Way to go Phos! That's a nice '57 Romanian! And with the correct Romanian sling, to boot! You did great and I'm even a little encouraged that there may be one out there for me, yet. Congrats!

That looks like one of the Norinco made bipods in the first pic. Did it come with the carbine? I have a couple of the Norinco bipods, but they used a thick coat of black paint on them instead of a good parkerizing, bluing, or Moly coating of some sort. I'm going to disassemble one, strip the paint, and put a good finish on it, (which finish?...yet to be decided on). I like that bipod for bench shooting. I used some self adhesive felt on the inside of the barrel clamping jaws to avoid marring the surface/finish of the barrel. It worked quite well. 

firstchoice

Thanks!

Yup, the bipod came with it and it does have the thick black paint.  Doesn't look too bad other than that, and that it's heavy steel.  Multiple independently adjustable positions on each leg.  I've never tried one so I may have to give it a go.  The felt sounds like a good idea!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »
Stick the bayo in the dirt.   :P

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 11:12:58 AM »
Stick the bayo in the dirt.   :P

The Simonov-approved built-in monopod approach  :)