Author Topic: SKS Spare Parts source?  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
SKS Spare Parts source?
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »
Where do you guys get your sks spare parts? I'm looking to start stockin'

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: SKS Spare Parts source?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:31:46 AM »
What parts?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
All spare. Everything from carriers to firing pins to springs

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »
Depending on which parts and availability;
AIMSurplus.com
omega-weapons-systems.com
Apexgunparts.com
e-sarcoinc.com
Numrich
Jack First
Ebay

To name a few
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
I'm a bit old school but here's what I do... Get to know all your LGS's and pawn shops. Get in tight with them and before you know it they'll be looking for you. My places are glad to let me rummage threw their junk/spare parts boxes because....honestly how many guys out there are willing to throw cash at random/rusty/ what the hell is it? parts that the store wouldn't be selling any way.

Most of the time stores don't know what they have and I'll quote 1 of my LGS's " We don't have the time or the want to go threw all the boxes of stuff we aquire. So knock yourself out"  You wouldn't believe how many times or different places have told me " since you know what it is just have it "

I wanted to show off a box I just got a few weeks ago but....It just wouldn't have been nice. I got enough SKS parts from 1 box of stuff to build a whole rifle on a barrelled action. Cost me 6 boxes of cheap ammo  :o

Granted it takes time and its a crap shoot if your looking for an exact piece, but its fun . Way more satisfiying than point and click. That being said...It takes me years to find some stuff and I could use a couple of good sites as well.

Still looking for a para-trooper cleaning rod...
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »
Thank you fellas,

If only I had a pawn shop near by to even try that i totally would. I would have to travel way too far to get to the closest one.

Thanks for the site names, its a shame one place doesnt have all the parts. Shipping kills ya there.

Just looking to stock up, ya never know.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 03:22:55 PM »
Worm quite a while back Mary ordered some spring kits off eBay, I dug out the packages but the label only listed the parts contained and not the distributor. They were $26 IIRC but it includes the springs for the following:

hold open catch
bayonet
operating rod
cleaning kit storage
recoil spring
hammer
mag catch
trigger
trigger guard
Yugo gas shut-off

I need to get off my butt and order some spare parts for the bolt. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
Thanks Danny, Those would be nice little kits to have. May have to surf ebay for some