Author Topic: Yugoslavian Mauser Collection  (Read 1781 times)

Offline blaZzinG_FurY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Yugoslavian Mauser Collection
« on: November 08, 2021, 12:43:25 AM »
Hello, here I present to you a collection of all of the Zastava (made and refurbished) 8mm Mauser actions. From left to right: M24/47, M24/52C, M98, M48, M48A, M48B, M48BO. If I can aid in any questions regarding specific ones or trying to compare and contrast; let me know.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: Yugoslavian Mauser Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »
Very nice, but why does the last one on the right have body oder?  :o dance2 dance2 chuckles1 chuckles1

Get it? M48 BO?

Sorry, too early in the morning and I haven't had enough coffee yet.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 09:15:35 AM »
nice collection, thanks for sharing.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 11:04:49 AM »
Very nice complete post-WWII Yugoslavian Mauser collection! Do you have crest (save the bez oznake) and rail marking pictures?

Working backwards to the earlier models, or finding the M48bo contract Mausers will be tougher searches.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 02:07:15 PM »
Nice set you have there!  I've always wanted some flavor of M48 but never managed to snag one.  Maybe one day.  thumb1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 04:48:27 PM »
Nice set you have there!  I've always wanted some flavor of M48 but never managed to snag one.  Maybe one day.  thumb1

What, after you finally break down and buy a Mosin? rofl rofl
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 05:58:48 PM »
Nice Yugos.. I was working on the whole collection, life got in the way and other things did as well.. I made it up to 5 of the 7.. missing the M24/52C and the M98.

:o nice.... I heard the thud from that Midwest mic drop on the east coast, it was that good.  thumb1  rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 06:33:32 PM »
Nice Yugos.. I was working on the whole collection, life got in the way and other things did as well.. I made it up to 5 of the 7.. missing the M24/52C and the M98.

:o nice.... I heard the thud from that Midwest mic drop on the east coast, it was that good.  thumb1  rofl2

Thank you, thank you very much...I'm here all week. 8) :) dance2

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 07:52:22 PM »
Ouch. On a plane all afternoon unable to defend myself and this is how you guys treat me?!?!  ???

Wouldn’t have it any other way!!!

Is the M98 a wartime German K98 made in a yugo arsenal?

Offline blaZzinG_FurY

• Newber
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 12:36:52 AM »
Very nice complete post-WWII Yugoslavian Mauser collection! Do you have crest (save the bez oznake) and rail marking pictures?

Working backwards to the earlier models, or finding the M48bo contract Mausers will be tougher searches.

Could you please clarify? I'm not sure I entirely understand the question. And what are "rail markings?"

Offline blaZzinG_FurY

• Newber
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 12:43:12 AM »
Ouch. On a plane all afternoon unable to defend myself and this is how you guys treat me?!?!  ???

I'm not sure that could ever be determined, unless it can somehow be traced back there via the serial number. Frankly, I haven't looked into it. Supposedly there is a 1943 date barely viable on the receiver ring and an illegible code; though I haven't actually tried looking for either on the rifle. Generally, M98s are just German K98s that Yugoslavia obtained and rebranded.
Neat find though: although the stock does not match, shockingly, the bolt and receiver do! Lucky me I guess.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 04:08:38 AM »

Could you please clarify? I'm not sure I entirely understand the question. And what are "rail markings?"

I meant pictures of the tops and side of the receiver ring and the left receiver rail.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 04:17:38 AM »

I'm not sure that could ever be determined, unless it can somehow be traced back there via the serial number. Frankly, I haven't looked into it. Supposedly there is a 1943 date barely viable on the receiver ring and an illegible code; though I haven't actually tried looking for either on the rifle. Generally, M98s are just German K98s that Yugoslavia obtained and rebranded.
Neat find though: although the stock does not match, shockingly, the bolt and receiver do! Lucky me I guess.

The Yugoslavian M98 and M98/48 rifles are German K98k rifles that were captured or surrendered, and refurbished by the Yugoslavians post-WWII. They were quite thorough about scrubbing Eagles, Waffenamts and maker (German, Czech, or Austrian) markings, although occasionally a Waffenamt will survive.

Offline blaZzinG_FurY

• Newber
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 11:21:18 PM »

I meant pictures of the tops and side of the receiver ring and the left receiver rail.

I did the best I could. Let me know if this is what you were inquiring about. Also, does it appear to have a "43" below the crest? (possibly representing the date). I'll also point out what appears to be a "5" and some other obscured number(s) above the crest. I'll also add that there seems to be a "1" towards the top right of the "44" factory mark; as well as a possible "8" above the first "4" in the "44." Let me know if any of these numbers means anything to anyone.
I'll also note that there are numerous Waffenamts that have survived on the rifle. To me, it really seems like they did very minimal scrubbing/modification.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 12:58:00 AM »
It almost appears they used a peening method to try and (unsuccessfully) remove the Waffenampts?

Nice group of Yugo Mausers!

chuckles1 chuckles1 chuckles1

firstchoice

Offline blaZzinG_FurY

• Newber
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 02:19:14 AM »
Also, thank you for the complements. I hope to take good care of these.

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 03:00:11 AM »
That is likely a scrubbed and refurbished 1943 byf code Mauser Oberndorf based on the fonts of the faint “43” at the bottom of the receiver ring and the “Mod. 98” receiver rail marking.

Edit: added comparison picture.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:51:42 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2021, 07:27:40 PM »
Sweet collection of Yugo's.  thumb1

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »
You have a nice group of riffles...gotta love yugo weapons in general.   thumb1

Offline BishopofBling

• Cadet
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2021, 11:53:36 AM »
I had a Yugo capture K98 a while back and oddly enough it was the smoothest Mauser I owned. Maybe the M24/52c would be tied