Author Topic: Norinco EM332  (Read 832 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Norinco EM332
« on: August 29, 2021, 10:36:39 AM »
I recently picked this up from a member here..  :) Pretty uncommon in the US, they are mostly seen in Canada and New Zealand, actually you could still buy one new in New Zealand up until recently, one model was called the Scorpio. There is another model, the NS 522 that can be found in the states. Both are more or less based off the Anschutz 54 action. There is slight differences between the two, the EM has a mag holder in the butt stock being one difference. I have seen places showing specs, that claim a 20 inch hammer forged barrel.

One huge difference I see between the EM series and a JW series rimfire is the quality, fit and finish and more attention to detail. The JW series didn't seem to get the same finish these did. Also, the serial numbers lack the typical date prefix like many Norincos have from the time frame.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
Re: Norinco EM332
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 10:47:37 AM »
i am smitten
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 11:42:51 AM »
Beautiful Rifle. Nice cheek rest also. Surprised to see that on a 22lr. What are the two cutouts at the bottom of the stock for ? Really cool looking piece of communism GM. The stampings are gorgeous also rofl2  Thanks for sharing.

So thats two Chi-Com Tokarevs and a Chinese EM in recent history. Have you switched political party's ?  rofl rofl Joking  :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 12:37:01 PM »
That's where you keep the 2 spare mags. They fit very tight...thankfully. Spare magazines are like finding hens teeth, the NS522 mags reportedly work, but at 60 bucks a pop from PolyTech, kinda pricey to see if they work. Also the base of them is just a black steel cover, not the pretty silver.

Naw man... nea1 I ain't changing parties... just broadening my horizons in Chinese arm's goodness before everyone else does and picks the shelves bare. :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 06:40:37 PM »
Very cool  8) Great to see the additional pics. It's remarkable to have three magazines numbered to the gun! Love those 22s  thumb1