Author Topic: "Paratrooper" First Date of Import  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
"Paratrooper" First Date of Import
« on: September 09, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »
I've tried about 20 different Googly search terms, switched syntax; read other forums and blogs... So, any sorta-kinda info on where (importer) and when (pre-ban, I suppose) the "paratroopers" first crossed U.S. shores?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: "Paratrooper" First Date of Import
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 02:12:59 PM »
Navy Arms.. was an early importer of a large variety of them.. I've seen ads from the '87-'89 time frame.. DIG/C&A in Va Beach was another rather large importer from around the same time frame.

Looking for information will give you a million different outcomes pending who is trying to pimp their variant.. Reprints of ads and such from the era would be a better indications......but again, not everything from yesteryear is digitized and online. Start with earliest importers and facilities in the early '80s and move forward through the cease of Chinese imports.

I will offer up, writing the current Navy Arms will do no good, been there and done that. Their former New Jersey operation is totally gone..as is all information contained within. Here is their email response to a query on SKS import information..
info@navyarms.com <info@navyarms.com>
Mon, Dec 31, 2018, 8:35 AM
youdontneedmyemail@dingbat.com

With regret we don't have the original offices of Navy Arms information, such as log books, Import records, serial numbers. This office is a
second generation on Navy Arms not selling the same items the New Jersey offices imported. Therefore, we are unable to assist.

Navy Arms LLC
Martinsburg, WV
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: "Paratrooper" First Date of Import
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
GM, Tks for the clue. The 'late '80s' lines up with my research. Interestingly, I called a couple of the larger sellers - BOTH asked, WHY I wanted to know.  dntknw1