Author Topic: Possible M91/30 and ammo purchase  (Read 649 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Possible M91/30 and ammo purchase
« on: May 15, 2020, 11:00:57 PM »
SO, I have been out of the Mosin Nagant scene for several years and have not kept up with the market on them like I have with the SKS. Have a local guy selling a decent M91/30 with about 1600 rounds of surplus ammo. I have not seen it yet but saw pics. It is a round receiver, probably Tula, with a spliced butt stock repair, but looks clean. Does not have bayonet, pouches , or cleaning kit that I've seen. I'm thinking $750 is a fair price, but wanted your thoughts. And FYI, the sportered M44 is already sold. He started out at $1200 for both rifles and 2200 rnds of ammo.

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Re: Possible M91/30 and ammo purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 11:49:54 AM »
Not knowing the Mosin market, but watching some on GB, the rifle would be around 275 to 350, the stock being an issue.  The ammo, not knowing the year, would go for .25 to .40 per round.  If it is Cyrillic letter coded Russian, failure to fire has been documented. Given that, the 750.00 would be a good price, though 800.00 would not be bad either.  Cheers, Bruce.