Author Topic: GB listings for March, 2015 - Romanian  (Read 3509 times)

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
GB listings for March, 2015 - Romanian
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »
Let's see how try #2 goes.  After all that work on putting up the single Albanian gun for March, I may have bitten off more than I can chew trying to get these two Romys up in this post!!  chuckles1

And Board searchable text:
Item Number   Auction Page   Description   # Bids   Final Price   Year   Arsenal Condition   Current Condition   RM's Notes

472492448   http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=472492448   1958 Romanian SKS EC Matching russian chinese yugo   11   $426.00    1958   Refurb   Good   Replacement stock, mismatched bolt.  Considering the paucity of Romy's in this list and the 11 bids on this item, I'd be hard-pressed to say this was a bad deal.  Still, a matching, fair condition gun with a proper sling could be had for this price if one is patient.

473744439   http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=473744439   1959 Russian SKS Rifle w/ Bayonet- All Matching   15   $580.00    1959   Refurb   Very Good   I was going to comment "Man, I've never seen a '59 Russian...Let me at it!" Alas it's just a '59 Romy.  It's a nice one albeit.  Stock is a replacement or at least has been reworked with a horizontal S/N.  Someone needs to pull that commercial Chinese sling off and put on a nice Romy leather dog collar style before LC has an aneurism though.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:56:09 PM by running-man »

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: GB listings for March, 2015 - Romanian
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:55:08 PM »
472492448   http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=472492448   1958 Romanian SKS EC Matching russian chinese yugo   11   $426.00    1958   Refurb   Good   Replacement stock, mismatched bolt.  Considering the paucity of Romy's in this list and the 11 bids on this item, I'd be hard-pressed to say this was a bad deal.  Still, a matching, fair condition gun with a proper sling could be had for this price if one is patient.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
You must have a thing for bent barrels and refinished stocks.   rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 03:02:49 PM »
Romanian analysis:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:56:57 PM by running-man »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
I want another Romanian.   cry1q

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Indy762

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:20:58 AM »
Those prices seem pretty high to me, are they? Reason I ask is that the gun I bought, even though NONE of the numbers match, it has a freak bolt carrier, and is missing the cleaning rod and sling, was a lot lower $ than these.  Is there $150 - $300 dollars difference if it has matching numbers?

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
There is certainly a price difference between an as-issued or even a refurbished Romanian and a mixmaster like you described.  If I saw something with a modified bolt carrier on GB, I would likely classify it in the Bubba category.  As a shooter it's probably just fine, but the collectable value is pretty low and it would only fill a spot in a collector's collection until a nicer specimen came along.

Now is the spread between a bubba shooter and a refurb romanian $300?  I'd guess closer to $100-$150 myself, but that's where all the criteria that make any particular gun valuable come in.  There are lots of different criteria that determine price: rarity, arsenal condition, current condition, that particular type of gun's reputation, how it fit's into a collector's niche, and finally what part of the country it's being sold in.  Also note that we only have a sample size of two guns this month. Hopefully more Romanians show up in April and the numbers become more representative of reality.

I agree with you though, I think the $580 gun was extremely high.  The $426 gun I think was right in line though.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 09:24:58 AM »
+1