Author Topic: SKS M  (Read 20151 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: SKS M
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 05:58:25 PM »
Ok Agrace...  That will come right off.  Lol.

It actually looks like the M lug isn't simply ground off.... Its a special critter all its own.  If you simply cut off a regular unit ears, it wont have the same block mass remaining. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 05:59:02 PM »
Damit RM... Too fast.

Yeah.... That 63 is what it will have to look like.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »
 thumb1  Won't look too bad. 

XXX is probably about the only guy I know who would be able to point out the discrepancy from across the room anyhow!  chuckles1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »
Your in luck Agrace.... Adam may have a stock.  Says if he remembers, it needs a crack repair and refinished.  Are you able to do that?  If not, I can. 

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »
unfortunately no.. I am not blessed in the mechanical nor wood working arts. I scrape by and wait or just finally pay someone.  I am currently trying to soak the font sight that is left on there in the hopes I can knock it off and try and get another one on. That is going to be quite a challenge for me, I know that sounds bad.. but some folks are blessed in that area(my dad, brothers.. you guys) but I am not.

thanks for all the help though.. it is greatly appreciated. Going to see if I can get some pics of the entire rifle here in a bit. 
I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 09:10:15 PM »
This is a carlo stock right?    Adam has one cracked and needs refinished.  If interested, we can have him send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.  Im waiting for pics. 

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 09:29:29 PM »
Yes, it is the Monte Carlo stock.  Just replied to your PM

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 09:46:16 PM »
Here are a few more pics. And of the stock where he cut out the sides. Not sure what he was hoping to accomplish with that.

Offline Adam7

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 09:55:39 PM »
The sides are cut out so a drum can be attached.  Normally they won't fit.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 09:55:56 PM »
WHY!!!!!   WHY!!!!!!      bat1

Here is Adams stock.... Should clean up nicely.  You should send me the handguard so I can match it correctly. 

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 12:14:54 AM »
Another small question. What is the trick to getting the mag release back in?  The pin and the spring both came out on me. Both sides need to be peened so it doesn't happen again. But now I cannot get the thing back in there with the spring. .. sigh... I  searched for how to do it for sks M but nothing came back. Tried to do it like an AK but something doesn't look right there either. 

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 04:20:58 PM »
Update -- Got the old front sight off.  Bubba pinned it, but also glued it or something, had to heat it up just a bit to get it loose and off of there.  Also shot Kivarri and e-mail asking about redoing the trigger as I think Bubba went there too, I hope he can put the mag release back on when I send it in.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:39 PM »
Im sure he can...  I dunno how they go together.

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 09:48:37 PM »
Yup he can :) .. getting ready to get it shipped out tomorrow or the next day to let him work on it.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 10:09:50 AM »
Hows this hoss?

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
Man.. that looks awesome. It will be very hard to tell it is not the original once I get it slide on there. Not that it matters as the rifle won't go anywhere. I have needed an M in my collection for some time.  Thanks LC and Adam7 for the parts, work and thank everyone for all the advice and thoughts.

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 11:27:33 AM »
Here is another sad question.  What are the chances in finding an SKS M trigger group?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:37:05 PM by agrace »

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 05:36:18 AM »
Slim to none on the trigger group. If you didn't want to press the new fsb on I was going to suggest the prince 50 paratrooper front sight. As far as stocks go they are out there but expensive.

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »
Thanks, so far I have the stock and the new FSB covered(Adam7 and Loose Cannon fixed me up, great guys). I sent my trigger to Kavaari, he found some things the previous owner did that needed to be undone, however he can fix it. So crisis averted.  Thanks for the replies though!

agrace

Offline agrace

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »
Wanted to take a minute to praise Tom for some recent work on the trigger group on this M. Bubba had played with it quite a bit. The trigger pull didn't feel right, and I could see where someone had tried to do something with the disconnector, and the magazine release pin fell out causing the release to come out, I could not for the life of me get it back in. So I sent off my trigger to have him give it a going over and put it in tip top shape. Without going into details of exactly what bubba did I will just say it was not good. Tom contacted me, we talked thru a course of action and he proceeded to corrrect\repair my trigger. Which he did in fine fashion, placed in my rifle, threw in a snap cap and it works like a charm, smooth, crisp, perfect. I can't wait to finish this one up and take it to the range. If anyone wants a smoother, crisper, better trigger, Tom is your man.

Thanks Tom for great work and a reasonable price for what you had to do. It is greatly appreciated.

agrace(very pleased customer)