Author Topic: The Centimeter S&W "N" Frame  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
The Centimeter S&W "N" Frame
« on: February 23, 2021, 02:28:40 PM »
I've been a fan of 10mm auto for quite a few years.. my first was a S&W 1006....which I sold, then the remorse got me years later, so I bought another 1006, then a Glock 20 in 10mm... and one I always wanted was one in a revolver, and I finally broke down and did it. It had been hanging out in a LGS for about 2 years, all the cool kids wanted semis. So after some back and forth banter over the past few weeks, I ended up with it for a pre covid/madness price, and he didn't even charge extra for the dust on it.

It's the S&W 610 w/4 inch barrel SA/DA, built on the same frame as the Model 29 44mag. This makes my 6th N-frame revolver. the cylinder is cut so the 10mm cartridge can head space in the cylinder or you can use moon clips for easier loading or unloading, as the 10mm is rimless, my .45acp M1917 is the same way. As an extra bonus, you can also use lower priced common .40 S&W.... like 38spl-357mag, 44spl-44mag. Moon clips are required for the .40 S&W, the case is shorter, and yes, S&W says it's totally safe to use, unlike using it in a 10mm auto pistol. I had doubts about moon clips at first, but quickly got used to them. The down side, it has the Hillary hole and you can't get it in a blued variation, I did order a set of wooden round to square butt conversion grips. The double action is pretty hefty which it typical, but single action is very nice, it will probably get better as time goes.

The S&W 1006 with the S&W 610
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Re: The Centimeter S&W "N" Frame
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 02:47:53 PM »
I always liked that series S&W semi auto. I have had a few over the years, 4026, 5906, 3904, 6906(the compact version of the 5906)

AND YEP, I regret selling all of them. >:( cry1 :)) It always seems like a good thing at the time, you know, moving up or ahead and that sort of thing. banghead1

EDIT: I corrected myself, 6906 not 4906. Also 3904 not 5904.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 03:50:18 PM by Greatguns »
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 02:52:50 PM »
I still have my first centerfire semiauto... a S&W 639, the stainless Model 39 in 9mm. :)

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
Nice wheel gun!   thumb1  But with that said, I am guessing you actually meant, "The Millimeter S&W "N" Frame" and not the "Centimeter".   ;)   :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 03:15:34 PM »
Nice wheel gun!   thumb1  But with that said, I am guessing you actually meant, "The Millimeter S&W "N" Frame" and not the "Centimeter".   ;)   :))

Uhm... think1 10 milimeters equals 1 centimeter  thumb1 10 centimeters equals a decimeter,  10 decimeters or 100 centimeters or 1000 millimeters equals a meter. 1000 meters equals a kilometer

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »

Uhm... think1 10 milimeters equals 1 centimeter  thumb1 10 centimeters equals a decimeter,  10 decimeters or 100 centimeters or 1000 millimeters equals a meter. 1000 meters equals a kilometer
Okay, you got me!   clap1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 03:48:34 PM »
Not to mention that a kilometer is .62 miles. rofl rofl

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 05:13:56 AM »
Very nice!  thumb1 I really like the looks of a beefy S&W revolver...and 10mm...bonus  8)

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 03:31:13 PM »
10mm revolver... yee haw! Good stuff GM. I have some 10mm ammo and brass so that can only mean one thing, eventually...

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 12:36:19 PM »
Proof  :o  GM does bubba things.. :))   I couldn't do the black rubberized grips, so I got a set of Altamont coke bottle target conversion grips in walnut, also installed a Wolff main power rib spring and hammer rebound spring, which knocked about 4 pounds off the double action trigger pull and a hair over a pound off the single action pull. A few cursery test cylinder fulls through it and I can say it's definitely better now.  thumb1 

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 04:11:26 AM »
Mmmm, walnut  drool2 sexy, meet dead sexy!

Offline Ronin76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
  • Non-bitter clinger
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2022, 01:37:26 AM »
Yup. I'd be all over that Centimeter like wet on a whale.

I've been a 10mm Auto fan for years. I haven't found any S&W guns for it but I have the Glock M-20, EAA Witness, SIG P-220 "Legend", and a Para-Ord which I am converting to 10mm.

The N-frame S&W which I do have is a "Mountain Gun" in 45 Colt. I did have a 459 once upon a time but let the ex keep it. I am being tempted by the S&W M&P in 10mm but haven't made a decision on it yet.