Author Topic: some germans  (Read 2005 times)

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
some germans
« on: December 31, 2020, 04:03:13 PM »
1),,, P08 ,code 42 ,matching except mag , 1939 , german war marked
2),,,P08 , ERFURT , matching except mag , mag is correct for the piece having the wood butt on the mag , 1917,imperial marked
3),,,P38 , cyq , late war , heavy mill marks all over ,not too concerned with "pretty" at time of production , matching numbers except mag, Nazi marked
4),,,P38 , byf 44 , matching except mag ,Nazi marked
5),,,P38 , ac44 , rare phosphate finish gives plumb appearance on some parts , matching numbers again except mag , Nazi Marked
6),,,Walther PP ,this has authenticated Bring Back papers , trophy weapon , matching numbers , unfortunately left grip has crack , Nazi marked
7),,,French Ruby , not German marked , mistook it for a mauser handgun i had at one time when i took the pics , its a WW1 piece,, must have sold or used the mauser as trade fodder
8),,,Browning auto , matching numbers , Nazi marked

There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: some germans
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »
Nice group of history there.  thumb1

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »
Oh snap hoo, nice towel. rofl rofl

Seriously, what Bob said.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Some Germans
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 07:31:10 PM »
Nice group of handguns. I really like the looks of P.38s. I have the trio of manufacturers, Mauser, Walther and Spreewerk, as well.

The papered Walther PP is super cool  8) Any info on the serviceman who brought it home?

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 07:40:31 PM »
nice collection, thanks for sharing.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
Yes thanks, PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 12:27:35 AM »
Nice group of handguns. I really like the looks of P.38s. I have the trio of manufacturers, Mauser, Walther and Spreewerk, as well.

The papered Walther PP is super cool  8) Any info on the serviceman who brought it home?

i will did the paper out and see what it says , havnt looked at it in a while , and ditto on the P38's . i have shot all of these handguns , not something ive done allot of but you have to see what makes them so infamous ,i used 115 gr , in fact i use 115 gr in all my 9mm ,for some reason as i go up 124 , 147 ,my groups spread out so i just stock 115

the PO8's im a horrible shot with , i would not want to put my life on them , but they are the iconic handgun

the P38's are a different story ,i did quite well for the first time with one , with practice they would be scary accurate , but numbers matched  i dont chance , i always wanted to get a mixed S/N example i could use for a shooter , one never presented itself and im always looking for something else, the P38's are just better balanced in my opinion

the PP and the Browning both out performed the PO8's as well , i kinda expected being 32 acp that was going to be the case , im always scared firing 32 autos ,my neighbor bought one for his wifey many moons ago and we were testing it and that slide came back and chunked my club of a carpenters hand , i mean it stole meat , so im always leary and have a tendency to hold them lower on the grip which affects accuracy
There are going to be two types of people in this world , those without toilet paper , and those with plenty of ammo to protect their toilet paper

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 12:28:58 AM »

ROFL , you making fun of my gun towel , good stuff , thanks for making me laugh

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 01:03:56 AM »

i will did the paper out and see what it says , havnt looked at it in a while , and ditto on the P38's . i have shot all of these handguns , not something ive done allot of but you have to see what makes them so infamous ,i used 115 gr , in fact i use 115 gr in all my 9mm ,for some reason as i go up 124 , 147 ,my groups spread out so i just stock 115

the PO8's im a horrible shot with , i would not want to put my life on them , but they are the iconic handgun

the P38's are a different story ,i did quite well for the first time with one , with practice they would be scary accurate , but numbers matched  i dont chance , i always wanted to get a mixed S/N example i could use for a shooter , one never presented itself and im always looking for something else, the P38's are just better balanced in my opinion

the PP and the Browning both out performed the PO8's as well , i kinda expected being 32 acp that was going to be the case , im always scared firing 32 autos ,my neighbor bought one for his wifey many moons ago and we were testing it and that slide came back and chunked my club of a carpenters hand , i mean it stole meat , so im always leary and have a tendency to hold them lower on the grip which affects accuracy

I have several Lugers and 2 P38s... even bought a mismatched beater Luger and P38 to whoop on guilt free, saves the matching bringbacks and others, I did almost breakdown and fire my Artillery Luger, but talked myself out of it. Have a P5 Walther that only seems to like 124gr ammo, and a whole mess of 32's.... just get a Vz.61....no slide bite thumb1... the ones that kinda scare me firing with my mechanic meathooks are the little tiny 25acps I have.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 07:09:34 AM »

I have several Lugers and 2 P38s... even bought a mismatched beater Luger and P38 to whoop on guilt free, saves the matching bringbacks and others, I did almost breakdown and fire my Artillery Luger, but talked myself out of it. Have a P5 Walther that only seems to like 124gr ammo, and a whole mess of 32's.... just get a Vz.61....no slide bite thumb1... the ones that kinda scare me firing with my mechanic meathooks are the little tiny 25acps I have.

you are most fortunate to have scored yourself some plinkers before the price of these went through the roof , im like you ,im terrified shooting matched guns ,especially that artillery luger of yours ,i'll  stumble across a mismatch one day that wont bleed me where my wallet is ,at least by todays standard , right now my focus is on what will almost assuredly be under attack here in the coming months , AR platforms , and then i can go back to the vintage stuff

it really is funny what some weapons prefer , even two people with the same weapon may do better with different ammo , i swear ive tried everything in my Ruger P95 , including brands of ammo in different grain , and it groups best with ANY 115 gr , i figure if someone makes the mistake of breaking into my home that several 115gr bullets hitting there target will dispatch an intruder allot more effectively than hoping several 147 gr will hit their target, the extra damage of a 147 gr only comes into the equation if it hits , and if we're being honest , i cant imagine a intruder caring a whole lot if whether im slinging 115 gr or 147 gr at him
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 07:27:59 AM by hoopharted »

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 08:47:00 AM »

just whats on the paper , i would post it but im afraid if the wrong person seen it it would provide a template for fakery

his name was Walter T (i think its a T ,its hand written) Scanlan Jr. , form was issued/dated 30 July 1946 at the top

its a standard form with fill in for the particulars
 has item info  ,Brand ,type of weapon S/N ,caliber then authorizing signatures with prospective rank

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 11:28:19 AM »
Nice buncha pistolas you have there.

By the way, if the towel is the only thing we're making fun of, then we - as a group - are seriously slipping.   :P
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 11:44:35 AM »

ROFL , you making fun of my gun towel , good stuff , thanks for making me laugh

Hey, what can I say, I have a 'class clown' reputation to maintain.

BTW, is your username hoop-harted as in you love basketball or is it hoo-pharted as in 'I'm a former submariner and in my line of work that was a serious question'?

Some questions just need to be asked ya know what I mean? :) 8)
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline hoopharted

• go head,pull my finger
  • Marksman
  • Hillbilly Indian
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »
just a play on spelling designed to make someone laugh

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 12:24:52 PM »
just a play on spelling designed to make someone laugh

Well done, sir, well done.

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 01:34:58 PM »
 rofl rofl...GG

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 01:47:34 PM »