Author Topic: #3 of 4 on recent purchases, the Russian.  (Read 5029 times)

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
Re: #3 of 4 on recent purchases, the Russian.
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »
Some interesting stuff here: https://www.sovietmilitarystuff.com/soviet-hats/soviet-army-russian-naval-officer-fur-winter-black-hat-ushanka-earflaps.html

For a minute there I thought you were going to send me to AliExpress. rofl rofl rofl

Nice,even better.I also have a genuine Ukrainian ushanka given to me by a friend from there who immigrated here a long time ago.

That's cool, In reality though, I doubt I'll buy one. Not like I'm going to make a display and not really cold enough to wear one here in south Kansas City. Buuuut, you never know I might change my mind, LOL.

I never really put it together before, but I spent about a half a year not terribly far from you on the other side of the river in Pleasanton, KS. Awesome fishing in that part of the country.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »
I never really put it together before, but I spent about a half a year not terribly far from you on the other side of the river in Pleasanton, KS. Awesome fishing in that part of the country.

Yeah, been through Pleasanton a few times. Got a step-brother that owns a fish bait and tackle shop in El Dorado Lake. He is always near the water, if not on it.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »

Yeah, been through Pleasanton a few times. Got a step-brother that owns a fish bait and tackle shop in El Dorado Lake. He is always near the water, if not on it.

Your step-brother is a lucky man.

I learned 3 things while fishing there:

1. Some of the best tasting sunnies are there.

b. Quicksand is nothing like the movies if you're careful.

3. Turtles....$%*#$@&$*@&% TURTLES!! They'll leave you a stringer full of heads.....
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »
You should try catching a turtle sometime,  chuckles1
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2020, 01:46:45 AM »
You should try catching a turtle sometime,  chuckles1

I've caught a few.
Not on purpose.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.