Author Topic: Norinco 1911A1 Value  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
Norinco 1911A1 Value
« on: July 22, 2020, 08:36:08 PM »
Semi-local guy has a Norinco 1911A1 in 45ACP w/probably faux pearl grip. Not stipulating anything about it in the ad and only see the one mag that is in it. He is asking $650. I've heard the Norinco 1911 platform is pretty decent, what do y'all think?

My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: Norinco 1911A1 Value
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 05:45:01 AM »
Seems like a decent price nowadays. I absolutely love the Norinco 1911A1's! I own 5 total. I paid less for them but that was a long time ago and all things Norinco have gone up in price and value. Two are still NIB and the others are like-new to VG condition. Whenever I go to the range, my Norinco 1911A1 is always there with me, along with whatever else I plan on shooting. 4 are blued and one is Nickle? plated from the factory. I never really knew if they're nickle or chrome plated. The only issue with that one is that the mags they sent with the nickle plated one didn't plate well and had the plating peeling off. I just bought more of the stainless Wilson Combat 8rd mags to go with that one and I'm more than happy. The plating on the pistol itself is top notch with no issues at all.

I bought Pachmayer grips for mine and used Wilson Combat full-length guide rod and spring, recoil buffer, and both Wilson Combat and Chip McCormick 8rd stainless mags in them. They work great! I have Wilson Combat barrel bushings that I will have a gunsmith fit to my pistol and it should be as accurate as I'll ever need it to be. It's fine the way it is. I just wanted all the help I could use for keeping it consistent. My 1911A1 is the one pistol that I consistently use to practice with.

I have all sorts of .45acp ammo and I've not found any that the Norinco doesn't feed. All of it feeds and ejects great. Just make sure to use quality mags!

I'd always heard the stories that the Norinco 1911A1's were made from some good steel (railroad track steel is one version that I heard) and that Colt didn't like it because they were better in steel quality than the Colt 1911's. A lot of people were taking the Norinco's and making competition pistols out of them because of the steel quality. Now, I have no idea if any of that is true. I just really like the ones I have and have no need to "upgrade" to a different brand. If I want to make it better, I'll make these "better". 

Hope you get it and enjoy it! Have you offered any less for it? Always worth a shot, anyway.

firstchoice

Offline auskip07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 01:20:12 PM »
Never owned one but i do know they are known for having very durable metal thats a nighmare to modify.   when i built my 1911  circa 2012, these were available for 400 but it was rare to see one and i didnt have the sense to pick one up. (still dont have the sense to pick one up)   

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »
Yeah, I am debating on this vs just getting an RIA. There is also a Remington R1 available for a little less than the Norinco.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 08:29:46 PM »
GET THE NORINCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THE NORINCO!!!

GET THE NORINCO!!!!!!

RIA's and Rocky's will be around for a bit yet, but the Norko's are few and far between these days.

Change the grips (unless you are a real, actual pimp) and throw a good quality barrel bushing in it and have fun.
I'll buy it from you if you don't like it.

Did I mention that you should get the Norinco?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:06:43 PM by Larry D. »
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 09:04:46 PM »
Thank you for the encouragement on the grip change....been biting my tongue.

If anything, use them as a bargaining point.

That is, unless you are a real, actual pimp.  rofl

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:16:09 PM »
300 -400 Canadian up here
THE WELDER GIVETH AND THE FILE TAKETH AWAY

ARSE~!

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 03:27:12 PM »
300 -400 Canadian up here

I'll say it again....we need an exchange program!!!
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 04:03:31 PM »
Blame governments, they are the problem.

ARSE~!

Offline Cupid

• Rifleman
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 09:53:10 AM »
They have gone up a bit since I last looked.

https://www.gunpost.ca/search/site/NORINCO%201911

ARSE~!