Author Topic: New 2019 type 56 imports at Classic tracking thread  (Read 53823 times)

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
Re: New 2019 type 56 imports at Classic tracking thread
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2019, 05:18:04 AM »
So..... Aim Surplus, Century Arms, SOG/Samco(when they were around), TGI, J&G and every other importer/vendor used museum quality handling and little dainty white cotton gloves to uncrate and repack these little precious nuggets all these years.. 

nea1 I bet not. It ain't the fricken Smithsonian.

It's uncrate it and rebox it....get it in and get it out... as fast as possible, that bank note is coming due at the end of the month, time is money and space is limited, and who is going to notice an extra nick or dent or two on an already well loved nicked and dented rifle when you never saw it before hand.

Seriously....think about it... think1 Hand picks have nothing to do with how they came out the shipping crate.... They are simply the ones that didn't get dropped, fall off the pile, get run over by the forklift, get dropped of the dock, kicked across the floor, used to pry the next crate open, get thrown cause someone got pissed off or dropped down the stairs. Thats why there are usually so few compared to the non-handpicks  rofl  rofl2

Oh, I have no misconceptions about the importers' unpacking methods across the board. I'm just surprised that they, (Classic, or any of the others), would actually be so brazen about the mishandling as to post videos of it clearly online while trying to sell them to us, all the while telling us how "nice" they are, and how we can get "hand picks" for the cream of the crop. As a collector and lover of all things Simonov, it makes me cringe and sincerely wish I could pick through them BEFORE he ever got near them. But yeah, I realize it happens to all of them. The Chinese were brought in via atrocious handling, packing, bundling, dragging?, or whatever, shipping methods. At least we didn't have to watch the Chinese do it in a video. (And, NO GM! I'm talking about the Chinese packing or unpacking the Type 56's!  chuckles1 )

firstchoice

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »
This is why you don't see gorillas performing brain surgery, working on Bugatti Veyron's or building nuclear weapons.. they can barely handle unpacking a crate or handle an SKS. Century has used them in the past to build rifles, thats how you had canted sights and such. They just all got transferred from the assembly dept to packing and shipping dept.  chuckles1   Classic just turned their gorilla in to an internet video star  rofl2

At least we didn't have to watch the Chinese do it in a video. (And, NO GM! I'm talking about the Chinese packing or unpacking the Type 56's!  chuckles1 )

firstchoice[/size]

Ohhhh....I'm sure I could post a video of a Chinese getting something packed :o and it sure ain't no crate or Type 56.  rofl2  chuckles1 rofl2
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
Those guys must be doing something right over there. Ever since they turned the gorilla loose every other gun sites started  doing the same thing. Not a real big fan but they sure the he** are doing something right over by that airport in N. C.😁

Offline Ghost51xxx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2019, 05:36:48 AM »
no serial numbers.

The serial numbers on the ghost guns are small and close together. Sometimes they're hard to see. The stock looks original to me. The stock and handguard have the same color tone. The serial number should be on the left side about two inches up from the rear swivel. Somewhere in that area.

Offline Matchka

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »
Whew! Made it to 'here' on this thread! Illuminating, informative and interesting. Did a number of cut & pastes to add to my qwik reference "knowledge" binder. Thanks!

Offline SargeAF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2019, 04:04:37 PM »
Here is the rifle I received a week ago from Classic.

It's an 11.2 million serial number, so 1966 according to this forum?

It's definitely been used, but I actually like the shape it's in; it has some character.  The stock, receiver, trigger group (milled), bolt, carrier and magazine are numbers matching.  The gas tube and piston are both electro penciled with "9890", and the dust cover does not match.  Overall, the stock is in pretty good shape (a few "Ben" marks...lol) and there is some deterioration right underneath the charging handle.  The receiver fits nice and tight in the stock.  I forgot how much creep there is in the trigger, but it feels pretty light (I'd guess 5 lbs) and breaks crisp.  The bore is nice and shiny...I think it will be a good shooter.  I plan on shooting it this weekend, so will report back.

Sarge

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
Nice going Sarge. Looks like you did a great clean up job to your new best friend : ) Looking good and please do report back with range results ..  For a moment I thought you liked street motorcycle racing but then I saw your SkS ha ha ha ha ha ha  rofl clap1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2019, 04:45:51 PM »
Yup, nice one. The original stock is a bonus.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
One of the best ones I seen of this batch.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
looks like a nice one, you did good Sarge. thanks for sharing.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2019, 07:23:27 PM »
This one showed up on GB.......    Whats it look like?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2019, 08:25:37 PM »
I saw that thread. Not the typical C with the two ends having tails. Could it be a G??  A block O with a missing portion on the right?  Really hard to say...

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »
Oh, thats a block font G.  The dreaded "backwards J"

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2019, 11:04:26 PM »
Looks weird without the bar on top.  I can certainly see it though.  thumb1

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2019, 05:43:13 AM »
Really nice acquisition, SargeAF! That's one of the nicer one's I've seen from this batch. Buffing up the Bolt Carrier does something for the old beast. Looking forward to your range report! Thanks for sharing!

The Gas Tube and Gas Piston electro-pencilled numbers just isn't a deal breaker for me. Just shows it had some needed repairs at one time. Over all, you got a good one!  thumb1 thumb1 

firstchoice

Offline SargeAF

• Newber
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »
Range report:

It’s a great shooter!

Before I started sighting it in, I double checked the firing pin was free.  Fired ten shots just to test function and ensure no runaways.  Everything was good to go.  First three round group was about 3 inches high and 2 inches left.  Set rear sight at 200M, shooting at 25M.  I got it centered up, and best group was 3/4 inch (two shots touching) all center hold.  This was with Wolf 156 grain soft point however; I plan on checking zero again with the lighter loads.

We moved the target stand out to 100M and hung a hardened plate.  I figured it would hit a little higher, so I held a six o’clock hold and hit ten for ten; same for the next 20.  The plate is 12 inches round.  We didn’t have time to move out farther...maybe another time.

We also shot a pre-ban Norinco AK, 302K serial number with a scope.  I was as accurate with my SKS, I think primarily because I could get an actual cheeck weld.  I think the trigger on my SKS is pretty decent...ran 100% also...I’m a happy camper!

I think I did a pretty good job cleaning out all the cosmoline, but it did smoke pretty good for about the first 20 rounds, so I think what remained has been heated out.  Sorry about no pics; I dropped and cracked my phone and the camera is no longer working.

SargeAF

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2019, 07:00:01 PM »
Awesome Sarge!  Glad you got a good one!  thumb1

Hate that about your phone though.  I dropped mine in a flooring store about 18" onto a display of flooring (I was taking photos so we could compare different styles of laminate flooring and it slipped out of my hands) and even with my case, it landed perfectly flat on the front face and shattered my screen.  I bet I could have dropped it intentionally 100 other times from that height onto that display and it would not have had a scratch, but that one time, ???

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »
For 48 hours....they are $50 off...

https://www.classicfirearms.com/chinese-sks-rifle-762x39/?trk_msg=HUCTPLUJE884L7EMKKAKED817G&trk_contact=RAJ39OV6C9ORBA6JPVEEJIB7QS&trk_sid=SGAOI7APLLB988H91DAE88F3LG&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.classicfirearms.com%2fchinese-sks-rifle-762x39%2f&utm_campaign=20190612ChineseSKSFlashSale&utm_content=Primary

If the price is holding anyone back, I suspect this may be as good a deal as Classic is going to offer. At least it is in the realm of the going rate for an average Chinese.

I went through the whole shipping and tax calculation and they were still $399-$410 per depending on how many ordered for my state of WA with its 8.6% sales tax.

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2019, 03:28:21 PM »
i wonder if these would be the bottom of the barrel condition wise. i would be a little afraid they were returned because of condition.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!