Author Topic: Price Check on the Yugo Isle...  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • SQUIRREL!!! Camp Lejuene Water Survivor.
Price Check on the Yugo Isle...
« on: December 20, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »
I know, I know, I'm in the dog house, but it doesn't keep me from lookin'.  Went to a local pawn shop this afternoon after PT and saw an extremely clean M57/66.  Clean almost undented stock, great metal finish, matching, etc., for $499.95 (sorry, no pix).  I was VERY tempted to put it on lay-a-way, but voices in my head told me to check it out first (the other voice in my head of the DW I kinda ignored fart1).  So, what's the combined wisdom here think? Any help is appreciated!   Thanks, Bruce.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Price Check on the Yugo Isle...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »
Where's it at? Is it home yet rofl2 I've seen heated doghouses...lived in one the last 4 years of my marriage.. :) It's little high for a M59/66... unless it's one of those really minty ones, like a Cherrys Imported one..
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Weldrdave

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 04:34:53 PM »
I know, I know, I'm in the dog house, but it doesn't keep me from lookin'.  Went to a local pawn shop this afternoon after PT and saw an extremely clean M57/66.  Clean almost undented stock, great metal finish, matching, etc., for $499.95 (sorry, no pix).  I was VERY tempted to put it on lay-a-way, but voices in my head told me to check it out first (the other voice in my head of the DW I kinda ignored fart1).  So, what's the combined wisdom here think? Any help is appreciated!   Thanks, Bruce.
Well, I'm fairly new to this game but I believe I'd own it by now!  Although, divorce is lurking in the wings...  wink1. Better to ask forgiveness than ask permission...  chuckles1
USN/USCG (retired) Chief.
God created man; Sam Colt made them equal!

Online jmaurer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 04:58:30 PM »
The key to staying out of the doghouse is to slowly accumulate large numbers of SKS rifles on the sly, only revealing about 25% of the collection at any time. That way, when the wife unexpectedly barges in as you're going over the latest acquisition, they all look the same, and no worries. That's assuming one prepared for marriage aforehand by having more than one safe so you could plausibly "rearrange", "just check the storage conditions", etc. without looking like you're adding the one in your guilty mits! dntknw1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
The key to staying out of the doghouse is to slowly accumulate large numbers of SKS rifles on the sly, only revealing about 25% of the collection at any time. That way, when the wife unexpectedly barges in as you're going over the latest acquisition, they all look the same, and no worries. That's assuming one prepared for marriage aforehand by having more than one safe so you could plausibly "rearrange", "just check the storage conditions", etc. without looking like you're adding the one in your guilty mits! dntknw1

Sounds plausible.. nea1 but when she unexpectedly barges in that one time when you whip them all out.......one could find themselves at the bottom of a shallow well with her screaming... " It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" at you... as she dances off to the song.. GoodBye Horses..  rofl2

Remember....she knows where you sleep :o

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »

My collection of iron is all in plain sight, gun glass cases, wall racks, on bipods or in floor stands. There's too many for her to keep track of anything new. PAX
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 09:13:50 PM »
Where's it at? Is it home yet rofl2 I've seen heated doghouses...lived in one the last 4 years of my marriage.. :) It's little high for a M59/66... unless it's one of those really minty ones, like a Cherrys Imported one..
Well, I've sold enough on Ebay to cover it with a check.  She moved out over a year ago, though we are still married (really weird family dynamic), so as long as it doesn't show on the CC, I should be good to go.  I told them I was trying to find a 59, but I'd consider this one.  Since I have hardly any bites on the Romie on GB, I'll probably pull it so Yugo has some company.  That's if it's still there tomorrow morning.  Keeping fingers and other extremities crossed :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »
Bro.... Been there, done that. Have the papers and she is fighting me signing 16 months later, all hollow excuses.. Shockingly... she agrees to the terms....it's her last grasp at control.. so she's bucking..  like a dog with a bone... Doesn't want to eat it, but doesn't want others to have it......so bury it.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 03:29:29 PM »
Well, I went and dunn it... rofl2.  Just ordered a sling and butt trap tool kit for it.  Only a couple of scratches on the stock.  Bore is SWEET!!! Gas tube off by four numbers...  I'd like to thank my enablers for this.... thankyou1

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 03:41:07 PM by Bacarnal »

owenj492

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »
Sweet Yugo Bacarnal!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 07:04:57 PM »
Yup..pretty sweet one..ok, very sweet one  thumb1 thumb1

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
Yowza!
That's clean.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 10:30:52 PM »
I hope it was it worth the five bills I forked over for it.  Guess I'll have it for a while.  I have a Yugo beater stock I can put it in when I go shooting.  Thanks, all, Bruce.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 09:45:48 PM »
Just got a Yugoslav web sling in.  A sling, to me, is an essential accessory for any rifle. 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »
I'd say it's worth it... They ain't getting any cheaper, that's for sure. Besides it's a thousand times better than the one I bought in 1999.  thumb1

And yeah... Slings.. that's like a silent fetish of mine. rofl

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2019, 04:18:22 AM »
That’s a beautiful 1973!

Offline Bob_The_Student

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2019, 07:32:34 AM »
I'm not gonna lie in that condition I would've jumped when I seen it. Would've tried to get it cheaper but that's in great condition, lesser condition Yugos are going for $400 on avg. approx. so you did ok in my mind.

Offline Bacarnal

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
I'm not gonna lie in that condition I would've jumped when I seen it. Would've tried to get it cheaper but that's in great condition, lesser condition Yugos are going for $400 on avg. approx. so you did ok in my mind.

I was hoping to get it down more, but it had just come in the day before.  I did get him to settle for $500.00 out the door, so I at least saved the on the tax.  I've picked up several SKS's at that pawn shop (that's where I picked up my Romie for a great price) so I'll probably average out on the next deal I make there. 

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 09:48:26 AM »
You did fine thumb1    I don't show it often.. but, this is one I bought in 1999 for like.... 249 or 269, cant read the receipt anymore. My first milsurp and SKS.. and I still have it. It was imported through Numrich and it came out of a sealed box with the sling..it was nasty as can be, full of sand, light rust and carbon, rough and ugly, like they just picked it up off the ground somewhere, shook it off, boxed it and imported it. It's got a lightly pitted bore, barely any finish and it smelled like a dumpster, even 20 years later if it gets hot, it still has a slight funk to it. If I had a dime for every round I have put through it...I probably could retire. rofl

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »
Hey GM-
I like that one.
I tend to like my milsurps with some character to them.

That sling is pretty cool. I found some original Yugo slings on Victory Arms, but they are the canvas web type. You need a brass oiler in the leather pouch for that beauty.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7