Author Topic: Galahad  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Galahad
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
For those of you who remember Tom (Galahad), he was a fine man with the utmost integrity. He was the second owner of sksboards in its hay-day when things were done right!  No tyranny, no oppression, just a good all around fair gentleman who would help ANYONE where/when possible.

Tom had been battling an illness for quite some time and as of recently is no longer with us. I remember like it was yesterday the inspiration he gave us here at SKSFiles, the testicular fortitude to press on with our forum and make the best of it.  As soon as we opened SKSFiles he joined and sent me this message. In my opinion it speaks volumes.

Howdy,

As you probably know, I've sold all but a couple of my SKS's and now am pretty deeply into 1911's.  But I am something less than pleased with the direction the SKS Boards have taken so thought I'd send a "message" to Drew and his team, and a "message" of support to you.  I won't be posting much but truly hope you are wildly successful.

Tom

Tom will be forever missed. Here's to you Tom 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:31:46 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Galahad
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
 :( sorry to hear about Tom, prayers sent.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline 1mlt

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »
I knew Tom well. We were good friends. He is the "star" in most of my SKS adapter videos. Ginger is a really sweet lady as well. He will be missed.

Marcus
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 10:33:21 AM »
God speed, Galahad.

Offline LKermit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 03:02:16 AM »
I had worked with Galahad only a little, but he did help develop my bull pup stock making, and advised me on useful equipment options and other ideas towards helping me succeed.

There is, somewhere, a picture of the stock I built for him, made of poplar wood that he donated, which he once debuted at one of the Survivor's shoots.  It functioned, but not very well, since the original rifle's original hand guard could not be properly secured, and he had no scope mounting point available.  Still, he went through with the shoot!  If nothing else, I would have thanked him for a chance to shine for a bit among the luminaries of the SKS sport.

He was a true gentleman.

KTF