Author Topic: Stripper Clips  (Read 706 times)

Offline Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
Stripper Clips
« on: March 07, 2023, 05:08:36 PM »

Over the years I have accumulated a pile of stripper clips , back in the day they would actually reach into a bucket and give you a handful if you bought a rifle , these things were actually dirt cheap  :-X

The other day I noticed they were actually kinda expensive, some as much as a $1 pc.

What have I missed here ?

Are some of these actually collectible ?

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Stripper Clips
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 05:18:12 PM »
Like anything else, the sources have dried up and they are selling for the second or third time on the secondary market. The advent of NC Star stripper clips was really unfortunate. Recent vintage Chinese made but of lower functionality. Many/most are 31 stamped like some of the authentic military surplus Chinese stripper clips.

The best bets are the Yugoslavian, Russian, Czech (bxn), and old Chinese if you can tell the difference. The Chinese stripper clips came from many different arsenals besides 31, so those others are sure bets too.

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 06:28:42 PM »
Deifinitely don't buy any NCStar ones or other 'aftermarket' ones. They are total junk.

And BTW, $1 each is on the cheap side nowadays. BXNs or Russian ones will bring as much as $2.50/clip with Yugo's bringing around $1.50
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Cz315

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Marksman
  • The only way to avoid gun N is to avoid gun N-1
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 09:41:29 AM »
Yep, $2 give or take is the going rate. And I don't see them becoming any cheaper. Even 'at the source' you not going to get them for less than a dollar.

Offline Indy762

• Newber
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 12:24:43 PM »
I was at a local gun show in December and picked up a pack of ten clips for $10 (he was asking $15). They appeared to all be surplus, and 9 of them work very well, one not so much, ammo won't slide out. I bought a ten-pack of NCStar a few years ago and they really are junk. I am probably going to nail them to a 2x4 and use them for target practice!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 02:38:43 PM »
I was at a local gun show in December and picked up a pack of ten clips for $10 (he was asking $15). They appeared to all be surplus, and 9 of them work very well, one not so much, ammo won't slide out. I bought a ten-pack of NCStar a few years ago and they really are junk. I am probably going to nail them to a 2x4 and use them for target practice!

Nail them with the end sticking off the edge so you can bend them over when you hit them. That's probably the best use for them that I can think of, LOL.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline Papahound

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 05:15:39 PM »

I’ve had some of these for more than 25 years when they would give them away free with a rifle , never tried any - I always load a few at a time from the top   thumb1

Offline Hylander

• Newber
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 10:52:44 AM »
Where is a good source for good stripper clips?

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 02:41:02 PM »
Buy a case of m67 from SGAmmo ….. you will get 1120 rounds of some of the finest 7.62x39 currently available and 112 strippers clips…. Ammo is corrosive do clean accordingly.

Offline GuitarmanNick

• Cadet
  • Live each day as if it was your last!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 02:19:25 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 02:36:48 PM »
BXN Czech strippers are also top notch, they can usually be found on Ebay. I have 2 handfulls I use on my 2 Vz58s. They work great in the SKS too.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem