Author Topic: "Unissued" Yugos from SOG  (Read 32217 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: "Unissued" Yugos from SOG
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »
Find me a consistent source with yugos of this condition including matching book and all accessories for under $430.  I'm not talking about 'right place at right time' single guns on some trader from untrusted Joe Schmo that likely wont ship.

I have better things to do with my time.  At least someone brought these guns in and gave the community an option etc.  Maybe we need more mosins to hit the shelf so GM can be interested in something again.    rofl

No comparison to $410 cracked stock yugos from samco with no book or accessories.   
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:54:12 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline 56cbr600rr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »
So, forgive my lack on knowledge on these.  Are they "newer" built rifles and not original military issue>

Or; are they the real deal?  Did it show year of manufacure?

Thanks

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »

I think its great they are importing any sks, but am I going to pull the trigger on one of these m59/66 mmmm...........no, a M59 hell yeah I would! Don't get me wrong I love putting any new gun from an importer in the ol' shopping cart and waiting by the door, but the grenade launcher is a huge turn off. Its like a chick with hairy armpits......some guys like em, some guys don't! chuckles1
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015, 03:21:28 PM »
So, forgive my lack on knowledge on these.  Are they "newer" built rifles and not original military issue>

Or; are they the real deal?  Did it show year of manufacure?

Thanks
These are the real deal.  They were likely: used lightly by all appearances, refurbished to the extent needed, put in Cosmoline for storage and stacked away in a warehouse until warehouse.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 05:38:18 PM »
While I get the turn off to some with all the extra junk on a 59/66...I cannot understand not wanting one as an SKS fan. I got lucky, but still would love a shooter grade one since mine is a princess that deserves a cushion to sit upon. The few times I have defiled her bore, I was kind of impressed with the way she shot, that extra weight seemed to help...and she was quite accurate...for a virgin prom queen I was trying to be ever so gentle with...

If the price was more reasonable...I might bite and piss the wife off to no end when she sees her Cabela's Visa bill...but I would be more content to see if some bottom of the barrel c grades show up so I can have one I feel comfortable shooting. My Cherry's just got transplanted to camp...just in time to make me feel less need to bite on this opportunity...I have to go now, and install a rack for her...she doesn't like to be affiliated with the Chinese Types.  rofl

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 05:46:36 PM »
You guys really make GREAT interesting reads here. I agree IMO that the M 59/66 is the least preferred sks. Ive owned one of the Ca modified 59/66 for about a year and sold it to fund something else. Being a somewhat a semi collector, I would love to own just one of these nice hand select crate warriors in original configuration just because all sks's are cool. The funny thing is that if you were showing your sks's to a stranger, The 59/66 would be the choice of the coolest looking  :o

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
Since they are truly so unique to the SKS world everybody who truly cares should have one (or have had one)... They have a pretty high neato factor. Practicality-wise maybe not so much...but when you have a grenade launcher suddenly you feel as if something is a little longer...and it is...but it is just your barrel length....and it is harder to find a place to put your...barrel. rofl2

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
Find me a consistent source with yugos of this condition including matching book and all accessories for under $430.  I'm not talking about 'right place at right time' single guns on some trader from untrusted Joe Schmo that likely wont ship.

I have better things to do with my time.  At least someone brought these guns in and gave the community an option etc.  Maybe we need more mosins to hit the shelf so GM can be interested in something again.    rofl

No comparison to $410 cracked stock yugos from samco with no book or accessories.

I guess I need more than a possible blank book with a stamp or a "free" leather sling to excite me for 430. The book while a somewhat cool, doesn't generate movement, what would I do with it, fill it with green stamps, add it to my many boxes of bayonets, slings and other toys, I cant shoot it. The sling, depending on condition, it may look ok and hold up. Sorry if my opinion offends the, but I just cant get excited over a "possible" new refurb, when others more rare like a Romanian or Albanian, even an M59 could be found for the same $$$$.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 12:10:19 AM »
For those who dislike the m59/66, how about a straight up m59?  $425.  A 'few' crates could mean only 30 guns or so, I suspect they won't last long.

http://www.dansammo.com/firearms.asp

http://www.dansammo.com/images/inv/gunpic.asp?ITEM=F1022

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2015, 12:21:30 AM »
For those who dislike the m59/66, how about a straight up m59?  $425.  A 'few' crates could mean only 30 guns or so, I suspect they won't last long.

Oh, keep talking, my Cintas pants are starting to move....M59  :Profl2. Just need some $$$ to fullfill the urdge... cry1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2015, 02:47:29 AM »

Thanks!  $425??   :o

I have been looking for a nice M59 for a long time! 

I will let you know how it looks when it arrives.  I am hoping for matching numbers.

Offline padams8888

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2015, 02:51:07 AM »
Damn you RM!!!!! Those are pretty nice.......even spotted some artwork on one of them.......sigh........... cry1

Offline SKhiSm 59-66A1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
  • My God, they have a Weaselpecker with them.
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2015, 07:14:17 AM »
Wow these are some exciting times for Yugo collectors. If they have money.
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife."

Daniel Boone

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
I'm not quite the 'enabler' that GM is, but I try my best!  thumb1

Good luck with them guys.  I've never dealt with this particular shop before, caveat emptor and all that.

Offline CARBINE

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Ижевск карабины король
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
One Yugo M59 Inbound for Carbine!! Now the wait begins whistle12
“If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
Its raining yugos!!!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline bbush44

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2015, 10:07:19 AM »

Very Nice! If I had a little more in my gun fund, I would order one up. $425 + $15 Shipping to NE. I would drop that any day over a M59/66

Can't wait to see what shows up for the guys that ordered.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »
Are the grenade launchers easily removeable, if not, how do the war-fighters using these critters "fix bayonets"?

Offline escobert

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 10:44:33 AM »
Maybe it's just me but, Yugos are the one SKS I really don't have any desire to own. I think the grenade launcher is fugly.
"Stella quarta decima fulgeat. May the 14th star shine bright."

Article 16th. Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil -  Vermont Constitution

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 11:29:46 AM »
Are the grenade launchers easily removeable, if not, how do the war-fighters using these critters "fix bayonets"?

No they are pinned in place.  They are bear to get off w/o the proper tools.  The bayo locks in place via a hook that latches into a separate collar around the barrel just aft of the grenade launcher.   I don't have a great photo of one with the bayo extended, but here are a couple of mine that show the collar and hook on the bayo: