Author Topic: Carcano M91 Moschetto  (Read 402 times)

Offline Rozzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Carcano M91 Moschetto
« on: June 24, 2023, 11:11:06 PM »
Added another old bolt to the list... only the essentials lol. I already took it to the range to verify the repairs I made would hold up, and I have to admit it was surprisingly pleasant despite the large muzzle flash. I do find the stock etching "B M" quite funny considering prominent Italians with those initials at the time.

upload image on google to search

Online Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Carcano M91 Moschetto
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 12:00:08 AM »
That’s nice with the matching stock!

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 11:10:52 PM »
Is this one of the recent RTI offerings Rozzy?  What grade was it?  I’ve been looking for a long long time but just haven’t pulled the trigger (yet). Where did you get your 6.5 Carcano ammo from?

Offline Rozzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 11:26:34 PM »
It is not Running man, it was from a somewhat local auction. There is no import mark on the rifle. I’ve still been able to avoid rti with some luck lol, I’m sure it’s not all bad just seems like a bit more of a gamble. The condition is great otherwise; I gave it a quick boil and most of the original finish popped right back up. As for the stock there was a minor crack between the trigger guard and receiver. I stuck a bolt on the inside of the stock and filled it all in so you can’t even notice when it’s together. I got some ppu 123gr from Midway, but of course they’re out now it looks like. The bore is in great shape too so I have high hopes for it.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 11:35:21 PM »
Nice man!  Extremely nice!

Yeah I’m having issues pulling the trigger with anything RTI right now. GM’s SAFN49 gives me a glimmer of hope though. Ammo availability is almost nil these days too so that plays into it somewhat. Been spending my money stacking ammo vs getting into a new caliber. Sucks. Oh well. I can live vicariously through any Carcano posted on the board!!  rofl thumb1