Author Topic: Greetings From The Khyber Pass  (Read 1386 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Greetings From The Khyber Pass
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:40:52 PM »
Hi SKS Junkies,

More crappy picts of a few of my Bubbas.

From top to bottom:

Parts built gun in a jungle stock, scrubbed bits, blue bolt carrier, Alby bayo, navel sling. Courtesy of Lkermit, RIP

The Canadian Deer Slayer - A rifle that came with the barrel pre cut at 18.5 inches, Mojo peep (had no front sight), neutered FSB, 5 round mag, Butler Creek furniture with no-vent Choate HG, black sling. Came in crappy camo wood. Matching numbers.

Firstist home built Paratrooper in a bayo slot inletted Para stock & cheese greater HG, Williams peep, P50 front sight, TriDelta threaded brake, VZ58 sling, matching numbers.

A restocked Paratrooper with French Tickler HG (another gun that came ruin't in camo), an SKS sling I'd not seen before. Receiver, bolt & carrier match, mag and TG match.

They're all really good looking rifles that handle sweet. PAX

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:45:54 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: Greetings From The Khyber Pass
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:50:50 PM »
cool collection, thanks for sharing.
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:54:49 PM »
I've got that parts gun I bought from Allan's Armory set up in a black Butler Creek stock as well, except I have the original HG. I have it scoped out and with a Canadian blocked OEM mag as my 5rnder. Fairly similar to yours. You know what they say, great minds think alike, LOL.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »
That top one with the Albanian bayonet is sure nifty.  Doesn't hurt that it's connected to LKermit either  Nice saves all PAX!!  thumb1

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 10:40:21 PM »
Thanks fellas, I do what I can with what I've got to work with.

That jungle stock rm was the nicest one of 4, in a bunch from Lkermit, along with a half dozen glass HGs. It's tough to match the color between those two just right. The stock is actually for a long lug, but the action (also from Lk) is pinned, so with a little shimming I got it to fit tight. It was 1 of 2 I was able to build from Lk's. heap. The blued carrier and Alby bayo I added recently.

I didn't do the initial barrel chop on THESE rifles, but I do reface and cut the muzzle to 11*. The cheese greater rifle has been in stock camo and every type of aftermarket furniture I have. It has ended up looking and "feeling" the best the way it's currently set up. It's perfect now and maintains that SKS combat flair. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 01:29:50 PM »
Weird.

I thought all Canadian SKS's had a red dot up by the front sight......
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 02:26:03 PM »
Weird.

What you talkin' 'bout Larry? If referring to my Canadian comment, that was only in reference to the magazine on my otherwise US imported Chinese SKS that looks like PAX's in the black Butler Creek stock.
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 02:58:28 PM »
Weird.

What you talkin' 'bout Larry? If referring to my Canadian comment, that was only in reference to the magazine on my otherwise US imported Chinese SKS that looks like PAX's in the black Butler Creek stock.

I think it was a funny on the banned dude with the muzzle mounted red dot. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 03:31:25 PM »
I think it was a funny on the banned dude with the muzzle mounted red dot. PAX

I get it now, I missed you're reference to the Canadian Deer Slayer, Sorry Larry. Carry on! :o scared1 whew1