Author Topic: 1965 XM16E1 - Retro Build  (Read 2776 times)

Offline 2K05GT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
1965 XM16E1 - Retro Build
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:45:56 AM »
I have always wanted a XM16E1 but the price of a lower was out of reach, and the wait for the paperwork
was daunting..

So I decided to to a retro Build, I purchased all the original parts Upper receiver, barrel stock parts, tri handguard
trigger, hammer, selector, chrome bolt, charging handle, small pad door. you name it I hunted for it.
finding the parts was a fun but difficult journey but worth it..

The Lower is an NDS XM16E1 Semi-auto replica lower.

So here it is.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 11:18:54 PM by 2K05GT »

Offline xtriggerman

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Cadet
Re: 1965 XM16E1 - Retro Build
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »
 Very nice! I bought one a guy made up on GB for my son's 18th birthday built off the same lower. Looks like you found a really clean Colt upper to match the new finish on the NDS lower. Looks great. Today, few folks bother with the original solid butt stocks. But that butt gave the triangle hand guarded gun a character of its own when you trigger a round. The hollow stock magnifies the buffer action into the classic "Ka-Boying" you just don't really get in a collapsible. I'm happy to see folks like your self get into retro, its an interesting history of political sabotage of Stoners original design specs that makes adding a retro to a collection come to life. The sad story should not ever be forgotten about those GI's in VN who were handed faulty 16's to face SKS's & AK's. 

Offline carls sks

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 04:41:35 PM »
nice work, does look good.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 01:25:03 AM »
Cannon like!!!!   

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.