Author Topic: Sks M and sks D prices  (Read 4105 times)

Offline BMont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Sks M and sks D prices
« on: July 02, 2020, 02:57:43 PM »
Hey guys...

Just thought I would ask the general question why sks M commercial variants selling prices seem so high lately.  There is a current active auction with one over 1000.  Just an anomaly or part of the surge in gun sales currently?

Offline Shoot The Refurbs

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Re: Sks M and sks D prices
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 03:40:18 PM »
gun sales surge. stupid people think those are antique AK's.  rofl rofl rofl

Offline Larry D.

• Bitter, Clinging Deplorable
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Do the next right thing.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 03:47:21 PM »

Whaddaya mean stoopid?

I'll have you know that's an AK Type 1.3!

Harrumph & gumble, grumble..... That'll learn ya.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.
Mood 24:7

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »

Whaddaya mean stoopid?

Umm sorry sir, i believe you mean AK-46... I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this...
Doesn't everyone recognize true history when it's staring them in the face? GAWH!   chuckles1

Offline astronut

• This user has decided to end his association with SKSFiles
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 04:03:12 PM »

Whaddaya mean stoopid?

Umm sorry sir, i believe you mean AK-46... I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this...
Doesn't everyone recognize true history when it's staring them in the face? GAWH!   chuckles1
Oh hell, the crap done started!  I am sitting this one out on the sidelines and eating my popcorn!  Have at it fellas!   :)

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 04:19:09 PM »

Whaddaya mean stoopid?

Yer killin' me!

Everybody knows that the AK-46 had a liquid soap dispenser that doubled as a forward grip AND bottle opener.

Sheesh. Some peoples kids....... Buy 'em books....send 'em to school.......

You guys are lucky to have me here to speak the truth about these venerable pieces of history.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »
Hey guys...

Just thought I would ask the general question why sks M commercial variants selling prices seem so high lately.  There is a current active auction with one over 1000.  Just an anomaly or part of the surge in gun sales currently?

There is a big run on guns nationally due to the covid pandemic,rioting,looting,police defunding and unprosecuted murders,and that has rallied 1st time gun owners to gobble up all manner of entry level firearms from about $1k and less,including ammo.This has created a bubble in the collector market.It's an important election year and folks are preparing to confront a possible angry mob on their doorsteps.Look at what happened in St.Louis last week.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
Hey guys...

There is a big run on guns nationally due to the covid pandemic,rioting,looting,police defunding and unprosecuted murders,and that has rallied 1st time gun owners to gobble up all manner of entry level firearms from about $1k and less,including ammo.This has created a bubble in the collector market.It's an important election year and folks are preparing to confront a possible angry mob on their doorsteps.Look at what happened in St.Louis last week.

This is probably the best non-joke, answer.
I did see an SKSM advertised on GB as the 'Predecessor to the AK' but like the saying goes; ''a fool and his money are soon parted.''

However, this one is my new favorite answer though

Everybody knows that the AK-46 had a liquid soap dispenser that doubled as a forward grip AND bottle opener.

Sheesh. Some peoples kids....... Buy 'em books....send 'em to school.......

You guys are lucky to have me here to speak the truth about these venerable pieces of history.

rofl rofl rofl rofl
You win larry, my wife is staring at me like i'm crazy because I just started laughing so hard.  clap1

Offline Larry D.

• Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 10:40:27 PM »
Thank you, thank you.....I'm here all week, folks.....

I also think Bubbazinetti hit the nail right on the head.
Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ
-------------------

Thou shalt not test me.

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 11:16:24 AM »
The commercial variants have been bringing good money for many years. Naturally, how much money depends on which model, as some are less common, or more desirable than others.

The SKS-M model (remember, there is only one actual model called an M) usually brings in the $650-$750 range in great shape.

The SKS-30 (mistakenly called the D) has been selling for over a grand for years now. About the lowest you might find one, is around $800. But most SKS-30s sell for over a grand nowadays. I sold mine about 3 or 4 years ago, for $1200.

Actual SKS-Ds (made by Midwest Ordiance) sell for about the same money, but less people know what they actually are.

Most of the other AK mag variants sell for good money because they were less common, and more desirable to collectors. (SKS-NR, SKS-63, KS-30, 88 and 89 Sporter, SKS-93)

Naturally, being collectible firearms, the value goes up if the original box and accessories are there as well.

owenj492

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »
SKS-M:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872197378
Current bid: $1,125.00, 2 days and 7 hours left

SKS-M:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872478680
Current bid: $804.99, 6 days left

And of course, this one SKS-M (posted about this one before in Auction section)
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869780608
Starting bid: $1,250.00, currently no bids, but has a "buy now" price for $1,600.00

Nothing but madness on gunbroker!

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »
Those are the prices I was seeing on gun broker... Im really glad I bought them when they were alot less expensive.  I do like the commercial variants.... as many of you know they are all have their own story depending on who sold them. 

owenj492

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »
This one has original box, accessories, etc., and the last year they were imported (1994) bid starting at $999.00

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871900108

If I had the money to splurge, I would bid, since it has the box and other items that were sold with it. I would not be surprised if some of these firearms are re-listed due to non-paying bidder or the new bidder thought it would ship directly to them without a FFL.

Now this one is off-topic, but I want to share it because of what it sold for:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872036425
Sold for $830
It is the J&G Sales Yugoslavian SKS that were imported a few years ago, sold for $450-ish, I got one earlier this year for $340 shipped, and mine is just as pretty as this one.

Like I said, the madness continues....

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
The prices on commercial variants really surprised me even pre panic, now they're insane as many of them were marketed with the "scary assault rifle features" like 30 round magzines or bayonets originally and that hype still lives on today whether you want those features because of ban issues and having something other people don't or because your a first time entry level gun buyer who wants something with those features you hear about in the news to protect yourself from the stuff you also hear about in the news.
Personally, and this opinion will likely catch a lot of resentment, but I don't value them like I do unmodified military sks variants. I look at them as really fun to shoot and usually (but sometimes not) well done bubbas. I collect for the military history aspect which is still there somewhat on these but just doesn't interest me as much as the life of a evenly patina'd sinobanian etc.
So their value to me ends at its shooting aspect, which by now has been past long ago.
Just my .02, maybe I'm just a cheap 4$$?   :)
-STR

Offline BMont

• Marksman
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 08:25:49 PM »
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872197378

Two people reeeeally wanted one.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 08:55:10 PM »
Insanity. That is the only reason for that. ^^^

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 09:01:17 PM »
They could be unemployed and getting the Trump Bump still.
I am self employed and via unemployment, I have made more this year than in the last ten.
Granted my business is seasonal, and I was also volunteering for the Forest Service for five of them...but dang. I didn't expect this to be a three gun year....and it's barely half over.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »
Was unaware anyone other than the big businesses got anything apart from the one time 1200$ check?

Offline Bubbazinetti

• MAGA Patriot
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »
The PPP(Paycheck Protection Program) for small businesses and the $1200 individual Stimulus checks are two different things along with the additional $600 per week income extention aid for unemployment under the federal guidelines.Many folks are making more money to stay home than to go to work.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Offline scottyB

• Newber
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 09:23:32 AM »
Wow, late model civilian sks goes for $1600 on gunbrokers!

Its the end times.