Author Topic: Ruger American Rifle Ranch 7.62x39 with Flat Dark Earth Synthetic Stock  (Read 6773 times)

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Ruger American Rifle Ranch 7.62x39 with Flat Dark Earth Synthetic Stock
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
Not a Ruger fan...have a few....but, I'm a Cz fanboy..  rofl 

I looked at a Cz 527 in x39.. I want one to go with my Cz527 Varmint Kevlar in .223. I do know CZ specifically designed it to shoot cheap steel ammo. Also the regular trigger on the CZ is good, but there's a set trigger as well that will do 1.5lbs or a little less.
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »
I always respect your thoughts and opinion. So now I want a cz527 instead . Send me a link to the one I need to get  :)  chuckles1..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:27:56 PM »
I always respect your thoughts and opinion. So now I want a cz527 instead . Send me a link to the one I need to get  :)  chuckles1..
Thats scary.. rofl2

Usually this place is real good on prices..
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/34009/Firearms/Rifles/CZ-USA/CZ+Centerfire/CZ+USA+7.62MMX39MM+Bolt+Action+Carbine+w%2FBlued+Barrel+%26+Walnut+Stock

All the juicy specs...
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-carbine-223-rem/
Straight from Cz..
The Carbine is an intermediate range ‘brush gun.’ Weighing in at less than 6 lbs, this handy rifle has a straight comb walnut stock and open sights. For a long time this was our only model chambered in 7.62×39 (now joined by the 527 Youth Carbine), it combines low recoil with effectiveness on medium-sized game such as deer and wild boar, making it ideal for younger shooters. Both chamberings offered in the Carbine are economical to shoot given their service rifle heritage and the availability of surplus ammunition.

Built to CIP specifications, our 7.62×39 chambers are ideal for shooting steel-cased surplus ammo. Designed to shoot .311 bullets, some American brass ammo may not perform as well as the imported steel-cased variety because of SAAMI brass dimensions and varying bullet diameters.

Our .223s will happily eat 5.56, since CIP doesn’t differentiate between the two cartridges and just has the higher pressure as its standard. So our .223s will shoot everything from the cheapest Russian steel to match .223 brass ammo.

And I can say.. I have shoved everything from the cheapest steel cased crap in the 5.56 to the high dollar uber death varmint .223 in my 527.. The only change is the accuracy...you get what you pay for..

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »
I talked to a friend of mine.. he also pointed me in 2 other directions for x39 bolt rifle  chuckles1

one is the Howa 1500 7.62x39, I had no clue on this one..... in a 20 and maybe a 22 inch barrel, this one also supports steel cased ammo w/ a .311 bore like the Cz.
https://www.legacysports.com/catalog/howa/howa-mini-action-rifle/

The other I brainfarted and forgot..  fart1  Zastava.....yup, the Yugoslavian SKS maker makes a commercial MiniMauser in 7.62x39, an M85, Interarms imported a slew of them..

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/civilianproduct/sporting-rifle-m85

Thought maybe these should be thrown in the pile for consideration also, so it don't sound like I'm totally biased to Cz.....which I am.. rofl2 thumb1

Geeze, I done gone and enabled myself.. :o  headbang2  So... I guess maybe I will go and lick on that 527 some more..  :P

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Thats scary.. rofl2

Boy, howdy, you've got that right!  :o  rofl

I didn't know there were so many BA 7.62x39 choices...a Mauser action in 7.62x39  think1  drool2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
Phos I just wanted to try something different and be nice to the guy so he would spend some time and point me in the right direction because the guy does do his homework.   chuckles1

Thanks Gas Monkey ! Im contemplating here again. I know i want a the short bbl brush buddy with a scope. Just not sure which one yet.  I like allot the Howa MiniAction – 6.0” •  in Green..  :)  Now looking for the best deal  :)

Offline Garand1957

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/6
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 06:26:49 PM »
I have a Ruger M77 Mk II in 7.62x39 like this one in the skeleton stock http://www.gunbroker.com/item/696455922
Pros : Awesome looking and handling rifle with a very smooth Mauser type action.
Cons: Trigger is heavy....would guess 7 + lbs
Shoots MOA with a cold barrel but multiple shots start to string....It has a very thin profile barrel.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:55 PM »
The Howa and Mini Mauser all are drilled for scope mounts. My Cz had the mounts included. All are based on the Mauser..

Shes a sexy and....an accurate beast.. Its a 24 inch mid weight heavy barrel model, has an aluminum beding block in the stock, and now an adjustible trigger, about 3 years ago, I pulled that BSA Sweet 223 and threw a 4x12 Leupold Mark up on it.. With some Black Hills ammo you can shove one right up a groundhogs tailpipe.. thumb1

Sometimes, I do get the new fangled commercial itch... rofl2

Shoots MOA with a cold barrel but multiple shots start to string....It has a very thin profile barrel.

think1  Sounds just like my Mini14. After the first 3 rounds..  drop the magazine, and pull the rounds out and throw the remaining rounds at whatever your trying to hit, cause your chances of a direct hit are way better.

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 10:32:16 PM »
Quit giving me options !  :o :) Your off topic !  But I like !!!   chuckles1

Garanad The Mini's arn't that bad.. I had the newer style and it was nails ! But my brother wanted it more than I did so I traded him for his 338 Magnum (new) which I have no use for : (

I

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:05:54 PM »

Garanad The Mini's arn't that bad.. I had the newer style and it was nails ! But my brother wanted it more than I did so I traded him for his 338 Magnum (new) which I have no use for : (

I am on topic..kinda.. Mauser...Cz.. rofl

338Win Mag.. see I didn't even bring it up.. I was nice and didn't post my Browning.. and they do have some uses... one round + white tail = no tracking, searching and walking, sometimes no gutting or skinning, they just lay down and go night night..  rofl2 chuckles1 Also they are useful for those smart fellas that "know" everything..here try this one.... Boooom :o oh my damn  ::) that cut above your eye is really gonna hurt later, and they are useful for waking the dead or pissin off the neighbors when you touch one off, you can watch $2 plus dollars go over 2800 fps with every trigger pull  rofl2  chuckles1 Thats why ammo is expensive... every box includes a tube of pain cream in it.. fart1 chuckles1 rofl2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:35:58 PM »

I am on topic..kinda.. Mauser...Cz.. rofl

338Win Mag.. see I didn't even bring it up.. I was nice and didn't post my Browning.. and they do have some uses... one round + white tail = no tracking, searching and walking, sometimes no gutting or skinning, they just lay down and go night night..  rofl2 chuckles1 Also they are useful for those smart fellas that "know" everything..here try this one.... Boooom :o oh my damn  ::) that cut above your eye is really gonna hurt later, and they are useful for waking the dead or pissin off the neighbors when you touch one off, you can watch $2 plus dollars go over 2800 fps with every trigger pull  rofl2  chuckles1 Thats why ammo is expensive... every box includes a tube of pain cream in it.. fart1 chuckles1 rofl2

Your killing me GM ! What about Ibuprofen 800 for the headache ? Yea and that includes the shooter and the cut abopve the eye : ) . I got the Browning A bolt but is was made in Japan . It's got a factory Muzzle Break I think unless My brother had it installed. He never shot it and neither have I.  You got one also in 338 ? If so what scope are you using ? It ok to go off topic now : ) ha ha ha ha

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
Only rifle I have to have cigarette butt ear plugs packed in my ears and earmuffs backing them chuckles1

It has an older Nikon Buckmaster mounted..  Actually for my area, it's severe overkill for hunting.. ain't nothing here I cant drop with a .30-30 or a .45-70, most shots are 150-200yrds tops through thick crap. I bought it way back in my younger I gotta have a gluttonous uber death magnum days... It learned me pick the correct caliber for the job..

I never was as bad as my cousin.. that half inbred backwoods retard has a .30-378 Weatherby..WTF... I ask him every time he fires it.. It comes out..I go home.