Retail Products & Gunsmithing Services > Marcus Magazine Adapters

We need some input from you guys please !!!

(1/3) > >>

1mlt:
We've been considering 'offering' 2 lines of our adapters. One, we will call 'standard' and the other 'professional'.

The standard adapters will be made from black "Delrin". A hard plastic material. We've spoken with our CNC guy and he can make them for us. We don't know pricing yet, but it will be less than aluminum.

The professional adapters will be the current models with no changes.

IF we do this, we can't warrant the standard models for life as we do for the professional models.

If we do this, at what price point would we need to be to make you want to buy one of our adapters? I decided not to do a 'survey' as the prices are likely going to be all over the map from you guys.

If we do this, what would a reasonable warranty be for the standard models?

The G3 will be all Delrin material. The screw will be steel. No changes to the mags necessary. Cost savings will be passed on to you.
The G5 will be all Delrin material, except for the locking rod. It will still be aluminum, but not anodized.  The screw will be steel. No changes to the mags necessary. Cost savings we will pass on to you.
The G9 body, side plate, front locking tab and release button will be Delrin. The mag catch locking rod will still be SS. All screws will be steel. Cost savings will be passed on to you.

The professional G3 is 100.00.
How much will you be willing to pay for the standard model?

The professional G5 is 150.00.

The professional G9 is 200.00.

Please be reasonable with your cost desires. Yes, I'd love to sell them for 29.95. But that isn't possible. I don't think we will be able to "halve" the price either. So, something more the half, less that full retail is where we will be.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Please make any additional comments you want to make as well.

Marcus

Loose}{Cannon:

And have magwedge produce

1mlt:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on July 01, 2015, 01:29:01 PM ---60,100,140

And have magwedge produce

--- End quote ---

We are looking at that option.
Marcus

Greatguns:
I'm going to chime in on the material. I investigated material use for my folding adapter blocks and found Delrin to be too brittle. I was told by plastics fabricators that it will not hold up to the elements. Specifically cold weather. You would be much better off using Nylon or fiber re-enforced nylon. That is the primary material used in the aftermarket stocks.
Also, if you look at the AR polymer lowers and the 9mm mag-well adapters for the AR platform, they are using the Nylon too. Might even be able to work with injection molding using the same exact material that New Frontier uses. You might even be able to go directly to the guys that made the New Frontier or Omni lowers and get them to make your adapter out of the same material they use.

As for a lower cost G-9 I might be interested.

1mlt:
GG, is the nylon filled stuff cheaper also? Is it easier to cut?

Marcus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version