Author Topic: Government provided Civilian Defense Shotguns of WW2  (Read 7938 times)

Offline Gator Monroe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Government provided Civilian Defense Shotguns of WW2
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
What model Semi Auto 12Ga. Shotguns were given to Civil Defense/ Shore Watch volunteers & I've seen pictures of them with standard wood furniture  but Govt.contract or Military markings & stampings ... ?

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Gator Monroe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
Re: Government provided Civilian Defense Shotguns of WW2
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
Why Links ? Why not just provide me with your own personal knowledge ? (I'm going to tell you now I am not a linky kind of Poster ( If experience & Knowledge is not worth sharing here or if Links are demanded and opinions or actual personal input is not considered viable then just ban me now Because in 75 thousand + posts at 30+ Firearm Forum/Boards since 1994 I have posted a handful of Links & Pics and don't plan on ramping it up anytime soon .

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »
He gone

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 03:41:01 PM »
He gone

dance1 banana time bouncecool1 clap1 thumb1   

( Long haired country boy dancing the jig )  Thanks fellas, I can finally take my muck boots off now...It was getting awful deep around here.

We have a great group of guys here. Yall are much appreciated  thumb1 I'd share a coffee/tea/beer with any of ya. But that guy.....( if newbies are reading, respect is a wonderful thing and earned )
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »
 clap1...Yahoo...dance1

I've said this before and I'll say it again, we have a wealth of very knowledgeable people here willing to share what they know. We have no place (nor time) for abrasive personalities like his.

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:57:00 PM »
I'm truly sorry it took as long as it did. We always want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it was clear he just wasn't going to fit in.  I'm just thankful he's got 30 other forums to go to with 75+ thousand posts to fall back on. Helps to soothe my conscience that he's not out on the streets with nobody to ask 'What kind of sling is that?!' to.

In all seriousness, if there are shenanigans going on around here and it just doesn't seem like anything is being done about it, I'd encourage all members to utilize the tools at their disposal. Hit the report to moderator button, use the shout box, or pm an admin.  As hard as it is to believe, we don't live here and we can easily overlook something, especially as the site grows, more members join, and more posts are added.

Thanks for bearing with us guys!  thumb1

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 02:04:36 AM »
Abrasive personalities are one thing, as we grow in numbers we will get our share of people that some of us may not like. That's fine, we all bring our own, sometimes very strong and outspoken, opinions to the table. We don't have to like or agree with everyone. Hell, I barely agree with Cannon on anything but he's one of my best friends. But when an abrasive personality is mixed with an absolute inability to form critical, intelligent, and respectful discourse, it's guaranteed they will not last long.

All of you here now are our founding members, basically here from day one, and I appreciate that you guys want to hang and contribute here. We do our best to make it an enjoyable place to shoot the breeze with friends and talk guns.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:10:37 AM by Blicero »
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 02:10:30 AM »
A little more insite for those interested:

One of the common issues I have, there are tons of information here, there and out there buried. Some simple searching and reading would get even the most amature novice in the ball park. The ballpark is good, this means you know "what" your are asking, understand the operation and theroy, even if somewhat. Once one has an idea of what, who, when, how, why, then ask questions. Don't stray all over the map pondering the secrets of life, why water is wet and the sky blue all at the same time.

I enjoy answering questions, or even trying answer, I do, we all do, and will help anyone to the best of my or our ability, but running rampent asking multiple things on multiple subjects, all totally unrelated, and then coming back with a snarky or flat out pissy remark when an answer is given, is a real, real good way to get on Sasquatch's, or most peoples fighting side, quick.  If'en one wants our off the cuff personal opinion, by all means ask, but don't get upset, it's just that, pure 100% opinion. Remember, you asked, and I'm not known for blowing smoke, fluffing an answer or sugar coating stuff, Ok, most of us are known for being very....blunt. :)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline K-9

• Beaucoup dien cai dau
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rifleman
  • Save a Life. Adopt.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 02:22:01 AM »
You were a whole lot nicer for a whole lot longer than the Ay Kay Files site would have been.  Those guys are brutal first, then they ban. 

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »
He gone

Dang I missed my chance to use this gif!!!  cry1

Well, bye!